Estes | losing $1 million a day

I agree that delivering to Lowes is a lot better than taking anything to the Home Dumpster.
I live up in cold snowy northen New York.
Our landing gear is hard to crank in this cold weather.
But we have to crank our landing legs all the way down so no light is showing under the pads,than both sides of the trailer tires have to be chocked.
Also they have a very tight delivery window there.

Whenever I have anything for Lowes I can pull in any dock that is open whenever I get there between 7AM,and 4PM.
There dock is on a ramp just like the Home Dumpster,and they don't care if you chock any tires.
I always carry a chock with me,and if I have something I know they are going to need to unload with their forklift I'll chock my driver side tractor tires just to be on the safe side.

Yup I do like to go to Lowes way better than the Home Dumpster any time.

:hide: i'm sure they'ed be filing for bankrupcy soon

You have to be in debt in order to file bankrupcy, Last I knew Estes is a cash run company and everything is bought and paid for with $$$.

i do run I-75 5 night's a week and i have noticed that there is not as many ESTES running down the road as there was say a couple year's ago.

That may be true, but there is no reason for linehaul drivers to be on that road late at night as it's not the route between terminals in your area.

Huh!!!!!!!

You have to be in debt in order to file bankrupcy, Last I knew Estes is a cash run company and everything is bought and paid for with $$$.

That may be true, but there is no reason for linehaul drivers to be on that road late at night as it's not the route between terminals in your area.
:hide: Well i guess if that's not a route ESTES take's, then i guess they have recently closed down their TOLEDO yard off of I-275/23 i'll have to let my buddy know this and also his soninlaw not too return their TEAM TRUCK back to the TOLEDO YARD.:1036316054: :biglaugh:

:hide: Well i guess if that's not a route ESTES take's, then i guess they have recently closed down their TOLEDO yard off of I-275/23 i'll have to let my buddy know this and also his soninlaw not too return their TEAM TRUCK back to the TOLEDO YARD.:1036316054: :biglaugh:

Or maybe if they are heading into michigan they could pick up a map and save some miles as the best route to any of the three terminals in mi out of Toledo is Us 23 not I 75 (which I'm sure your buddies know). I 75 takes you out of your way and through detroit, U.S 23 takes you straight to flint or up to 94 which will shoot you over to Marshall or Grand Rapids or even 223 to 127 to 94. I75 is the long way around. Not slinging mud, just pointing out with the slip of HD and P&D, you may find late night trucks are on 23

who has told you this? how do you know its actually true

That's what I've always been told, I've been told that from day one and have heard it through out the company. But your right I have never seen the books so is it 100%. Don't know, perhaps it isn't.

If you fill out any kind of papers or documents and they are false, then you just set yourself up for being fired...don't be foolish...and I can bet you that one million dollars loss a day is just figure of speech...Bob Estes would have chopped off many many heads in one week if that was happening...wise up men...go to your website and tarriffs, and you will see what is what...dang...don't rely on rumors and trucking boards.....you have got to be smarter than that...aren't you...How do you think they got where they are at...hello..

If you fill out any kind of papers or documents and they are false, then you just set yourself up for being fired...don't be foolish...and I can bet you that one million dollars loss a day is just figure of speech...Bob Estes would have chopped off many many heads in one week if that was happening...wise up men...go to your website and tarriffs, and you will see what is what...dang...don't rely on rumors and trucking boards.....you have got to be smarter than that...aren't you...How do you think they got where they are at...hello..

well said! its nice to read someone else uses some common sence

They got where they are at because they have less overhead and because of deregulation. They have less overhead because they dont pay overtime ( to speak of ) delay time, layover pay, bunkhouses, they buy the cheapest trucks..etc. because of this it gives them the ability to undercut other carriers who may have more overhead. This is not the first LTL carrier i have ever worked for..and for the most part this is a good job, but i can read between the lines. i know they have been losing money .. seen the memo myself. And richmond was very upset. The trucking industry is experiencing hard times this is obvious, EVEN ESTES. by the way, what do the website and company tariffs have to do with anything if you are pulling too many empty trailers..an empty pays nothing. Or if you hauling freight that doesnt pay well like H.D. and others.
just some facts and common sense. thanks

one million dollars a day loss is a figure of speech? why would J.R. a manger from dallas texas a big shot from dallas tx tell his drivers that? is it just a figure of speech that a big shot manger from dallas tell his drivers that they lost the h.d. account too ?no we did not lose the h.d. account we still haul one or two boxes a day for h.d.:hysterical: :hysterical: get real look at the freight that estes hauls now.i am sure jr reamed r.j. *** for telling the houston tx drivers that! r.j. needs to get honest with the drivers! thats all. what he says now is out here in the open!:hide:

.wise up men...How do you think they got where they are at...
How do you think they got where they are at well old junior sat down with h.d. and h.d. wanted estes to lower prices.old junior told h.d. no. well estes lost h.d. because junior thought he was too big that nobody could haul there trash freight!!that is from that joker R.J. FROM DALLAS TEXAS.if estes was so smart how can they lose bussiness? look at all of the drivers dock workers supervisors office girls that was let go.hell estes used to haul more h.d. freight than ltl freight. them people are in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!

you can't make money hauling hd freight per say. to make any profit you have to have a contract lets say with the manufacturer, for argument sake lets use , fluidmaster plumbing supplies. you set price for hauling all there stuff to everywhere. price is set for your company to make money. but hd, is trying and has succeded in , makeing your company haul it into to them at a certain price, outside of the set contract your company made with said supplier. there price is not possable to make a profit at, esspecially with all the extra kiss @%$ they want to keep them happy. when times are good, , well you can make up for the loss cause your hauling lots of freight and trailers are full. when times are slow, and all ltl's are feeling it now, you cant do all they want and keep them happy and take there loss, for haulimg there stuff, with out it hurting your bottom line big time.you should be glad that management stopped hauling there stuff for a loss. men might be laided off now for loss of business, but better that than whole company loseing another year down the road.

better to make money hauling freight then it costing you money, Thats what home depot does.. Look at Fed Ex Freight, CWX, they all quit hauling home depot because it was costing them money to haul it. I'd rather have a shipment on a truck that makes money then one that loses money. You said revenue is down 1 million a week, bet we are saving 2 million in claims and costs not hauling it!

AMEN BROTHERS,SAY NO TO CHEAP FREIGHT!

A couple of suggestions

I repeat, check your state laws. This is crap if they try to take a half hour from you if you don't take a SECOND lunch. They don't want to pay overtime and now they want you to give them more time knowing you can't, in most instances take that other half hour and you end up working through it. What a friggen mess this company is. How much crap is everyone going to take b4 this jerk of an owner either starts trying to keep employees or sell out so we can at least hope for a values minded person. Time for the christian owner to re-read the good book. Mirror must crack everytime he looks in it. Unfortunately, can't replace mirrors, their all broken from being loaded Estes.

Sounds like you guys know in the am if you are going to be out 12 hrs or more.... so .......why don't you just take an hour for lunch and be done with the B.S. and also take you required breaks when you are supposed to. When you bring back enough freight or miss enough pick ups the company will re think their policies and change them. But you guys need one important thing and that is for all of you t stick together and show some strength. The other answer to this problem is a "U***N" and unless you are ready to stand up for your rights and quit being absued, there is no help!
Just stating the facts man! I'm not looking to start some S**T, just trying to help:smilie_132:

THis post should have been in the 1 hour lunch topic

I've read where 75% of Lowe's volume is run through their own distribution centers. Most of the inventory is actually held outside of the stores. Daily deliveries from the Distribution Centers replenish what is bought the prior day. That contributes to why Lowe's aisles are so clean and the experience is so appealing. They don't have to hold as much freight in their stores as Home Depot does. Store to store transfers are not entirely necessary due to their centralized distribution operation.

Problem with Lowes is they use the Bottom Feeder carriers to haul from the DC to the stores
JB, Snider, Roehl, etc.
One guy told me he gets paid .38 cents a mile and $15 bucks a stop, runs in a 200 mile radius.
Man bet he has to do alot of runnin to make some money.