Estes | losing $1 million a day

yes lets leave hd for good!!:1036316054:
i understand the sentiment of HD but some of us need the hd freight to keep terminals open. Sucks to depend on it, but if big e could just hold onto some accounts instead of losing them so much maybe we wouldn't have to worry about HD. I know I wouldn't mind a little more freight to haul so I don't have to worry about tonite, tomorrow nite, etc.

If Estes starts to close terminals you had better look for a job!!! I agree we should not have put all the HD eggs in one basket, but if we got another big account we would destroy their freight too!!!

but if we got another big account we would destroy their freight too!!!
yup, seems to be part of the training program. Just friday one guy at the dock showed me pics of some inbound. How the hell can we keep ANY freight the way it's being loaded is beyond me.

yup, seems to be part of the training program. Just friday one guy at the dock showed me pics of some inbound. How the hell can we keep ANY freight the way it's being loaded is beyond me.

Amen to that. Just like Dallasdock said its not going to his house so f**k it. If we could change our dock guys to ones who give a sh*t about the freight or start firing guys for the damage they cause we would be in a much better position to get new freight. As it stands now we are not getting any good freight and damage is the problem. If Estes wants to charge more than most we better have a better claims ratio than all others.

not onlydo you have give them a super discount there is a claims allowance and a loading allowance as well as fines and a whole host of other bull that oes with this account if we all just dont haul it home depot will have to give in to some decent rates just like lowes did!!
I heard in july that th loses were larger than the 1 mil but the company is still going so it may be able to survive.

i think you guys put too much into the damage part of the scheme of things. dont get me wrong i dont know anything about pricing or accounts in general. but i have worked at OD and talk about destroying freight, thats where its considered an art form. and they are growing by leaps and bounds.

i just think estes commands a premium price and probably will not budge. while paying thier workers on the low side of LTL. So when they say they are losing money, i think its potential money. because i know they are not giving us any. with all the run cuts and other bean counting schemes this the only thing that makes sense to me.

i mean really. compare us to other LTLs out there

who handles freight well and who does not?

The problem is you guys hire to many under paid part timeers who could care less.They take no pride in the job their doing.

the problem is nobody takes pride in thier work. they only do what they are made to do. that is the nature of a underpaid employee