Holland | Losing line haul drivers

I think it is getting harder to find guys who want to be away from home six days a week even if the pay is very good. We are losing 3 or 4 up in Appleton in a short period of time. A couple to Estes, one to work for the county and one to public service.
Why would a guy want to be gone 6 days a week when you can get a job that pays just as good or better and be home every day and only work 5 days a week? There are ltls that offer that

Most ltls are paying 71-73 per mile plus a good 401 match. Most kids work for a paycheck not bennies. My company just introduced OT for first time ever and the reason they gave is they can’t keep experienced driver and can’t find kids that want this type of work. Compensation is where it’s at guys. Places that pay get the drivers. It’s where the market is at right now

I just checked out after 17 years. After BS and lie after lie I threw in the towel and took what I could get at 62. Best decision I could have made and after 3 weeks I am sleeping ALL night. I suspect quite a few more will be out the door behind me soon. Best of luck to those of you left behind and when management explains something that is in black and white just remember it is YELLOW

I just checked out after 17 years. After BS and lie after lie I threw in the towel and took what I could get at 62. Best decision I could have made and after 3 weeks I am sleeping ALL night. I suspect quite a few more will be out the door behind me soon. Best of luck to those of you left behind and when management explains something that is in black and white just remember it is YELLOW
I would rather wait till 65 and get the extra 26 percent on the pension and not make my wife carry the insurance the last 3 years. But you do you and I'll do me!

My meet man had a stroke 2 weeks after his 65th B-day. Not wishing any bad luck on anyone but fact is we all have an expiration date. I chose to enjoy the time that remains water skiing camping and riding my Harley while I am still able! But like you said to each their own.
My dad did not make it to 60 but my mom is still kicking at 97...I can relate!