Holland | Losing line haul drivers

Hello brother, look at the big picture:
Yellow worker-------- (24.75/ Hr.) 55 Hrs. /week, average = 1545.00
0.00 health deductions, 401K for some is 125.00/week----No work production.

Estes worker-------- (31.50/Hr.) 55 Hrs. / week, average = 1840.00 ( OT after 48 Hrs.)
250.00 to 400.00 health deduction, depending on family size. 401K match offer only. Must work non stop, must check dispatching for delays or you get points to be discharge.

Old Dominion------ (30.00/Hr.) 55 Hrs. / week, average = 1725.00 ( OT after 50Hrs.)
Other deductions and benefits about the same as Estes...

So, first go and make your homework before you jump the ship.
Remember at Yellow, we have more control of how many hours you want to work.
Other companies, you must obey or else. :chairshot:

You don't realize how good you have it until is too late.
If you have 2 years or less of seniority, go ahead try different companies.
if you have 2 to 10 years, try it too if there is an abundant of companies in your area.
10 years to 20, do your homework carefully.
20 years to 25, jump if it is really bad your situation.
25 years or more. No thank You.
:couch:
I’m a line driver

Hello brother, look at the big picture:
Yellow worker-------- (24.75/ Hr.) 55 Hrs. /week, average = 1545.00
0.00 health deductions, 401K for some is 125.00/week----No work production.

Estes worker-------- (31.50/Hr.) 55 Hrs. / week, average = 1840.00 ( OT after 48 Hrs.)
250.00 to 400.00 health deduction, depending on family size. 401K match offer only. Must work non stop, must check dispatching for delays or you get points to be discharge.

Old Dominion------ (30.00/Hr.) 55 Hrs. / week, average = 1725.00 ( OT after 50Hrs.)
Other deductions and benefits about the same as Estes...

So, first go and make your homework before you jump the ship.
Remember at Yellow, we have more control of how many hours you want to work.
Other companies, you must obey or else. :chairshot:

You don't realize how good you have it until is too late.
If you have 2 years or less of seniority, go ahead try different companies.
if you have 2 to 10 years, try it too if there is an abundant of companies in your area.
10 years to 20, do your homework carefully.
20 years to 25, jump if it is really bad your situation.
25 years or more. No thank You.
:couch:
Its not about the money anymore , its about "Home Family Time " and have to agree to disagree about your statement of "Remember at Yellow, we have more control of how many hours you want to work. " because IF we did we won't have to forced to work 60 plus hours and be on dock till 1-3am or get hung out doing on a peddle run for 12- 13 hours daily !

My meet man had a stroke 2 weeks after his 65th B-day. Not wishing any bad luck on anyone but fact is we all have an expiration date. I chose to enjoy the time that remains water skiing camping and riding my Harley while I am still able! But like you said to each their own.
Smart man. I knew a guy that the same thing happened him except he had a heart attack. Enjoy life and be content and dont let it all be about the money. For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. Money in and of itself is not evil but the love of money is.

I don't usually post much but I just wanted to chime in as an OD driver to say we don't pay anywhere near 250 to 400 a week for insurance. For me and my daughter, I pay 85 a week for all insurances, including long term and short disability and a supplemental insurance. Our average linehaul guys out of my terminal are clearing over 100k with the top guy making about 130k (small terminal). I didn't post this to convince anybody that they should leave. I just wanted to set the record that insurance over here isn't that expensive for the good stuff(single drivers health insurance is actually free). I also agree that younger drivers aren't going to take a pay cut for free insurance.

Also, for math purposes, our top pay is actually $32.43 and I believe .78 cents on linehaul so your weekly pay on your comparison is short.

Last edited:
Hello brother, trust me, when go deep into specifics is totally different.
How about out of pocket costs, doctors, hospitals, coverage after retirement?, it depends on what type of coverage you choose too, they have that option.
That's one point.
For the average Teamster with 15 years or more, as right now, they will not adventure for a new start.
Majority will stay until the end or maybe is not end and we don't have to regret leaving this paradise of us. We can survive actual situation with a fewer bucks.
No stress, happy life.
:poke: :couch:

I don't usually post much but I just wanted to chime in as an OD driver to say we don't pay anywhere near 250 to 400 a week for insurance. For me and my daughter, I pay 85 a week for all insurances, including long term and short disability and a supplemental insurance. Our average linehaul guys out of my terminal are clearing over 100k with the top guy making about 130k (small terminal). I didn't post this to convince anybody that they should leave. I just wanted to set the record that insurance over here isn't that expensive for the good stuff(single drivers health insurance is actually free). I also agree that younger drivers aren't going to take a pay cut for free insurance.

Also, for math purposes, our top pay is actually $32.43 and I believe .78 cents on linehaul so your weekly pay on your comparison is short.
Can you post how good your insurance is on the coverage? Deductibles, Yearly Out-Of-Pocket maximum, Medical coverage (80/20 or 70/30 etc.), Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Life Insurance coverage, etc., etc…..
Also, how much more cost to your plan weekly for each additional person added (wife and children). Then, compare it to this which TeamCare members pay nothing for.

9813A8EE-1BFA-42C5-A515-7A43C6F1FAA0.md.jpg 352E6A47-721D-4A62-AFAA-FF6816C05C33.md.jpg

I'm not even stressing any of this honestly. If you want to see OD insurance plan, it's out there. If you love Teamcare, great. It's great insurance honestly. But I'm 41, my doctor visits are $25 a visit and I've never spent more than $25 for any medicine. Personally, I just don't think the few hundred dollar a pay check cut is worth it for me as a relatively healthy person. Like I said, I'm not here to debate compensation packages. I just wanted to let you know our insurance is not as expensive as your making it out to be. We don't pay $250-400 a week for insurance. And we make a little more at the top of the scale then your example suggest. That's all I have for you today.

Also, to update the numbers, at the top of the scale at OD, you would actually be at 1878 a week for a 55 hour week and a 600 mile linehaul run would put you at 2490 for the week. Just to give realistic pay numbers

Last edited:
I'm not even stressing any of this honestly. If you want to see OD insurance plan, it's out there. If you love Teamcare, great. It's great insurance honestly. But I'm 41, my doctor visits are $25 a visit and I've never spent more than $25 for any medicine. Personally, I just don't think the few hundred dollar a pay check cut is worth it for me as a relatively healthy person. Like I said, I'm not here to debate compensation packages. I just wanted to let you know our insurance is not as expensive as your making it out to be. We don't pay $250-400 a week for insurance. And we make a little more at the top of the scale then your example suggest. That's all I have for you today.

Also, to update the numbers, at the top of the scale at OD, you would actually be at 1878 a week for a 55 hour week and a 600 mile linehaul run would put you at 2490 for the week. Just to give realistic pay numbers
Thank you for your input.....everyone has different situations and you are doing what works for you...

hollandtruck

Drivers to Receive Compensation for Missed Work Due to Dispatch Foul-Ups​

Hundreds of Teamster members at USF Holland (YRC Freight) will receive compensation as part of a settlement reached with the company over dispatch problems that caused Holland road drivers to miss work opportunities.

“The Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee (TNFINC) is pleased to announce that we have resolved the dispute with Holland. The company will pay a total of nearly $570,000 in wages to hundreds of employees affected by the company’s dispatch miscues,” said John Murphy, Freight Division Director.

Holland has also substantially addressed the dispatch issue as part of the settlement.

In January 2022, the company implemented various changes to its dispatch system that caused many road drivers to miss their runs and lose work opportunities. At the same time, Holland continued to use purchased transportation (PT) in many areas. The TNFINC invoked the “spigot” contained in Article 29 of the contract and completely shut off Holland’s ability to use PT.

“I told the company if they wanted the purchased transport option turned back on, Holland had to get our road drivers back on the road and compensate them for the missed work opportunities,” Murphy added.

Murphy went back and forth with the company, fighting for the largest possible award for the members. The amount of money Holland is paying and the number of individuals receiving compensation far exceed the initial damage calculations for contractual violations related to the dispatch problems.

Under the settlement, the union is again allowing Holland to use PT in accordance with the contract. But the company is now required to meet regularly with the TNFINC to discuss its continued need for and use of PT.

“This is a strong settlement. This victory shows the importance of holding the company accountable. Rest assured, we will be closely monitoring Holland’s use of PT and will not hesitate to shut it off again if warranted,” Murphy said.

Can you post how good your insurance is on the coverage? Deductibles, Yearly Out-Of-Pocket maximum, Medical coverage (80/20 or 70/30 etc.), Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Life Insurance coverage, etc., etc…..
Also, how much more cost to your plan weekly for each additional person added (wife and children). Then, compare it to this which TeamCare members pay nothing for.

9813A8EE-1BFA-42C5-A515-7A43C6F1FAA0.md.jpg 352E6A47-721D-4A62-AFAA-FF6816C05C33.md.jpg

I honestly didn't factor pay or benefits into my decision who to work for. Old Dominion was hiring at the time and they were 12 minutes from home. Holland is 55 minutes away. If you reverse that, I'd be team Holland right now. Probably not the best way to look at it but I focus on me. I could do better or worse than OD but I'm content.

I honestly didn't factor pay or benefits into my decision who to work for. Old Dominion was hiring at the time and they were 12 minutes from home. Holland is 55 minutes away. If you reverse that, I'd be team Holland right now. Probably not the best way to look at it but I focus on me. I could do better or worse than OD but I'm content.
Boy, I'm sure happy I dont think like you.....when I was at YRC, they are 3 miles from my house...when I got the call from ABF I had to decide if I wanted to lengthen my commute....after talking with Mrs. 381 I decided to make the switch.....now I have a much longer commute of 3.5 miles...lol