Holland | Lost 63 million 1st Qrt ????????

Equipment, maintenance, fuel and general operating expenses like supplies like utilities and supplies are fixed costs.
What is the only controllable expense?
Controllable Costs , would be (1) Forced Overtime (2) smarter dispatching & load planning (3) stop running drivers around with empty trailers (4) to many management people :duh:

, Controllable Costs , would be (1) Forced Overtime (2) smarter dispatching & load planning (3) stop running drivers around with empty trailers (4) to many management people :duh:
Overtime is cheaper than hiring new employees. Load planning would be so easy if you knew in the morning what freight you would have in the evening. Empty trailers? Meet runs create lots of empties and partial loads as do getting drivers home. Too many management people? could be, I retired 17 years ago so I'm not there to see. I do remember that the supervisors and dispatchers were more abused than Teamsters. Work rules and lack of flexibility must be addressed if Yellow is to survive.

Overtime is cheaper than hiring new employees. Load planning would be so easy if you knew in the morning what freight you would have in the evening. Empty trailers? Meet runs create lots of empties and partial loads as do getting drivers home. Too many management people? could be, I retired 17 years ago so I'm not there to see. I do remember that the supervisors and dispatchers were more abused than Teamsters. Work rules and lack of flexibility must be addressed if Yellow is to survive.
Are you kidding me over the last couple of contracts the companies have got everything they asked for it's called "flexibility"

Just remember you have to purchase your marriage license through the Moldavian embassy in Cedar Rapids. And provide proof of a recent veterinary check up with a licenced veterinarian that will save you problems at the border. Also make sure her muzzle fits correctly.

It’s frustrating dealing with all the red tape. Gotta keep your eyes on the prize !

Just remember you have to purchase your marriage license through the Moldavian embassy in Cedar Rapids. And provide proof of a recent veterinary check up with a licenced veterinarian that will save you problems at the border. Also make sure her muzzle fits correctly.
Does the muzzle go on the top, or the bottom? (Asking for Ublab, the shop foreman)