Lost my brother, found him dead

Echano

TB Lurker
Credits
My brother was Lyman Hardy, a retired teacher of foreign languages. I found him dead last Saturday, Sept. 19, 2009. I miss him terribly. He had diabetes and didn't take care of himself, but no one deserves this. I really loved the dickens out of him and his quirky sense of humor. I have a much nicer picture of him than what was printed in the paper,but I can't seem to paste it on here. Rule of thumb: never put off telling someone that you love them, it may be too late. I know my brother knew I loved him anyhow, we were close.

Death notice:

Lyman HARDY Death Notice: Lyman HARDY’s Obituary by the Buffalo News.

and the obit:

Lyman C. Hardy, foreign language teacher at Sweet Home High
September 24, 2009, 7:36 AM / 0 comments
Story tools:
Larger
Smaller
Save
Print
Email
Get Alerts NEW
Share this story:
Buzz up!

Sept. 11, 1947—Sept. 19, 2009

Lyman C. Hardy, who taught foreign languages at Sweet Home High School for more than 25 years, died unexpectedly Saturday in his Town of Tonawanda home. He was 62.

Born in North Tonawanda, Mr. Hardy was valedictorian of Sweet Home High School’s Class of 1965. He earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees in foreign language studies from Brigham Young University.

Additionally, Mr. Hardy studied in Mexico and France, and earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science from the University at Buffalo in 1978.

Mr. Hardy taught Spanish and later French at the high school from 1971 to 1999. He founded the school’s Spanish Honor Society and hosted many foreign exchange students and their families.

He also was a member of the Hispanic Club of Buffalo, as well as several teachers organizations.

Survivors include a sister, Mary Jane Gross, and two brothers, Timothy and Brendel (Ted) II.

Services will be at 11:30 a. m. Friday in Amigone Funeral Home, 2600 Sheridan Drive, Town of Tonawanda.

2z7ivle.jpg

I am sorry for your loss....

In my thoughts and prayers...

tumblr_kp1d1g9QKN1qzl97xo1_500.jpg

I would love to insert a better picture of my brother. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

I will send you an email to the address you have on file here, send me the picture back and I will be glad to post it for you

thank you

thank you for your kindness, my brother would appreciate it. He was a brilliant person and had a few college degrees under his belt, but he never forgot that his sister was a trucker and used to smile at me for being one. He never considered himself better than anyone because of his accomplishments in life--in fact, last Thanksgiving we went to a truck stop for dinner and he loved it. His kind of place---good food and lots of it. I miss him so much.