Yellow | Louisville, Ky

Overboard

TB Lurker
Credits
New scales for around 30 forklifts.. $7000 a piece = Approximately $210,000. 1 new yard horse came in earlier this week... Don't know the price on it.
Just wondering what is being bought or replaced at your terminal.

They say Investors need a 5 year contract in place before they will refinance.... That does not necessarily mean it has to be a 5 year contract full of concessions.... I WILL VOTE NO.

New scales for around 30 forklifts.. $7000 a piece = Approximately $210,000. 1 new yard horse came in earlier this week... Don't know the price on it.
Just wondering what is being bought or replaced at your terminal.

They say Investors need a 5 year contract in place before they will refinance.... That does not necessarily mean it has to be a 5 year contract full of concessions.... I WILL VOTE NO.

I get it, as long as you're not getting what you want the company shouldn't spend anything on equipment needed to produce revenue. Somebody pinch me. I need to wake up from this dream.

He also left out the part about having to save 100mil a year............................there are several prerequisites to get the lower interest rates not just one.

lol I d like to get paid 100. oo dollars and hour but if you work zero hours its zero lol bottom line the company needs to spend money on equipment or you will not have a job no matter what I pays per hour or benefits so accept the fact that the company will spend the next 5 years replacing equipment if it is to survive and then ask for give backs then but with out 5 year deal the doors close and will never know if w would have

I get it, as long as you're not getting what you want the company shouldn't spend anything on equipment needed to produce revenue. Somebody pinch me. I need to wake up from this dream.

No Triplex.... You sir, are very wrong.... It is not what I want.... It is what 25,999 Brothers and Sisters and I work for and deserve.... We already had scales that worked on our forklifts.... We already have 3 yard horses... Only 2 of which being operated at any given time.

Wake you up from this dream.... Wrong again.... This is a nightmare.... It use to be a dream job till you and others decided to give and keep giving everything away everyone has worked for over the years.

Question????? Is there anything you and your kind would not vote yes for????

Is Louisville a breakbulk?
The used equipment like all other used equipment will be pushed down the line,
But I can also say that the KC crowd likes to get rid of equipment by groups, makes it easy all you have to know is if the number falls between xxx00 and xxx99 it has to go no thinking, looking, evaluating or experience needed. That irks me more then anything................dump $3000 in a truck only to find out next month it's on the sale list........................ok rant over.

No Triplex.... You sir, are very wrong.... It is not what I want.... It is what 25,999 Brothers and Sisters and I work for and deserve.... We already had scales that worked on our forklifts.... We already have 3 yard horses... Only 2 of which being operated at any given time.

Wake you up from this dream.... Wrong again.... This is a nightmare.... It use to be a dream job till you and others decided to give and keep giving everything away everyone has worked for over the years.

Question????? Is there anything you and your kind would not vote yes for????

What you and everyone else "deserves" is what the majority agree to in a contractual agreement, not what you "think" you deserve.

Maybe the scales aren't working properly or accurately. Maybe the old scales are going to a smaller terminal for their use. Do you know exactly why they're being replaced?

Maybe the yard horse(s) need some repairs and it's more cost effective to replace them. Maybe one or more of them is going to another smaller terminal to replace a bad one there. Do you have any factual information about that.

Lot's of jobs used to be "dream" jobs. I worked at many of them. Wake up, they're all gone. This one is one of the last and is still here (for now anyway).

My "kind" as you put it seems to be the kind that looks at the bigger picture and gathers as many facts about conditions both in and outside of the company before we make decisions. Does that upset you? And please spare me the "over the years" crap. I've been around for a large part of those "over the years". It's 2014 and the world is different than it was even 10 years ago. Wake up.

Vote any way you want, just try to use some common sense when you do.

You know as well as I Overboard....some of these yes voters say" live to fight another day" but for them- that day will never come. Their just happy to have a job...any job.

You know as well as I Overboard....some of these yes voters say" live to fight another day" but for them- that day will never come. Their just happy to have a job...any job.

Typical vapid response containing nothing of substance. But if it makes you feel good, go for it. :smile:

Honestly I don't want to start over and I love my family enough not to gamble with their livelihood! How about quit thinking we need UPS pay, cuz its not gonna happen! Take sometime and check out their revenue compared to ours and their work rules compared to ours!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Honestly I don't want to start over and I love my family enough not to gamble with their livelihood! How about quit thinking we need UPS pay, cuz its not gonna happen! Take sometime and check out their revenue compared to ours and their work rules compared to ours!

I agree with you 100% I was a no vote on the last proposal, we were heard by both the company and the I B T. The company financial records are public record. I'm also voting yes!

What you and everyone else "deserves" is what the majority agree to in a contractual agreement, not what you "think" you deserve.

Maybe the scales aren't working properly or accurately. Maybe the old scales are going to a smaller terminal for their use. Do you know exactly why they're being replaced?

Maybe the yard horse(s) need some repairs and it's more cost effective to replace them. Maybe one or more of them is going to another smaller terminal to replace a bad one there. Do you have any factual information about that.

Lot's of jobs used to be "dream" jobs. I worked at many of them. Wake up, they're all gone. This one is one of the last and is still here (for now anyway).

My "kind" as you put it seems to be the kind that looks at the bigger picture and gathers as many facts about conditions both in and outside of the company before we make decisions. Does that upset you? And please spare me the "over the years" crap. I've been around for a large part of those "over the years". It's 2014 and the world is different than it was even 10 years ago. Wake up.

Vote any way you want, just try to use some common sense when you do.[/QUOTE

Maybe,,,, Maybe,,,, Maybe..... Hell, if you are that old "Maybe" you have Alzheimer's and forgotten this is still a Union Company... "Maybe" you have forgotten that not only do you have to invest in equipment.... You also have to invest in your employees.... We are the ones that operate that equipment.

The only "facts" you have are what YRC allows you to have.

( What you and everyone else "deserves" is what the majority agree to in a contractual agreement) That is the best statement you have ever posted.

By the way.... I was very well blessed with common sense.... Maybe a little less on book sense,,, but I get by and always will.

Vote any way you want, just try to use some common sense when you do.[/QUOTE

Maybe,,,, Maybe,,,, Maybe..... Hell, if you are that old "Maybe" you have Alzheimer's and forgotten this is still a Union Company... "Maybe" you have forgotten that not only do you have to invest in equipment.... You also have to invest in your employees.... We are the ones that operate that equipment.

The only "facts" you have are what YRC allows you to have.

( What you and everyone else "deserves" is what the majority agree to in a contractual agreement) That is the best statement you have ever posted.

By the way.... I was very well blessed with common sense.... Maybe a little less on book sense,,, but I get by and always will.

CF was a union company also! Remember?!?

CF was a union company also! Remember?!?

That's the past.... We are not CF..... We are not Hostess.... We are YRC and they are not gone yet.... When they are,,,, It will be no fought of ours.... we do not manage this Company.... We work for this Company... We deserve to be compensated for the work we do along with Welch, Hoffa AND ALL OTHERS THAT GIVE BACK NOTHING.

I'm a road driver so I talk to guys from other terminals. A couple guys just in the last couple weeks said they both just got 40 new forklifts along with new scales! These forklifts without the scale runs about $20,000.00 a piece! Why if they were not sure if the company will even be open in a couple weeks would they make an investment like that! I am so glad we've got teamsters from some locations that no when enough is enough!
A BIG Thank You too these locals for there NO votes last time! I know I'm leaving a lot of locals out so if your not listed Thank You for taking the time to vote! Indianapolis Ind., Charlotte, N.C, Kansas City Akron Ohio, Joliet, Illinois, Milwaukee, Wisc., Detroit, Michigan, Rockford Illinois, Atalanta, Nashville, Maryland Heights, MO., Chicago Illinois, Mokena Illinois, Dayton Ohio. Without your votes we would have been looking like a bunch of spineless dopes! Thanks Again:wavey:

That's the past.... We are not CF..... We are not Hostess.... We are YRC and they are not gone yet.... When they are,,,, It will be no fought of ours.... we do not manage this Company.... We work for this Company... We deserve to be compensated for the work we do along with Welch, Hoffa AND ALL OTHERS THAT GIVE BACK NOTHING.

You are CORRECT, we are not CF or Hostess....last I checked there is no CF or Hostess anymore!

Are you sure they aren't leasing these forklifts? And the scales will pay for themselves with W&R in no time I'd think! Also how does everyone know what these scales and lifts cost? Did they leave the receipt on the seat?

I'm a road driver so I talk to guys from other terminals. A couple guys just in the last couple weeks said they both just got 40 new forklifts along with new scales! These forklifts without the scale runs about $20,000.00 a piece! Why if they were not sure if the company will even be open in a couple weeks would they make an investment like that! I am so glad we've got teamsters from some locations that no when enough is enough!
A BIG Thank You too these locals for there NO votes last time! I know I'm leaving a lot of locals out so if your not listed Thank You for taking the time to vote! Indianapolis Ind., Charlotte, N.C, Kansas City Akron Ohio, Joliet, Illinois, Milwaukee, Wisc., Detroit, Michigan, Rockford Illinois, Atalanta, Nashville, Maryland Heights, MO., Chicago Illinois, Mokena Illinois, Dayton Ohio. Without your votes we would have been looking like a bunch of spineless dopes! Thanks Again:wavey:

You left out Louisville, but that's ok Brother... I also give out a big thanks..... We may not make it this time....Seams like the Propaganda has gotten to some of our no voters.