Holland | Louisville

85Percenter

TB Lurker
Credits
so, some guys from our terminal were sent down to Louisville recently to bail them out. They said that the Louisville employees were some of the most worthless, laziest employees they could ever imagine.

They said there is a guy on the dock who preaches to everyone to "slow down"

It's embarrassing that we have employees out there who are trying to sabotage the success of the company.

That's really gonna help us get our 15% back.....
What a great brotherhood!!

Is that a threat?

What do you think. If you plant a seed for apple tree do you expect a pear tree?
If you don't plant a seed for success and respect in your kids what do you think you get.

If you post a thread bashing guys at another barn for there work ethics expect to get some backlash.

Were you there?
Do you know the whole story with there issues?
Do you realize a few employees that start with an agenda usually pull everyone one else down with them.

A drowning man can easily pull a life guard down with them.

Be positive, stay positive and maybe your good work ethics will rub off on others.

Like I have said in many previous post. " do you want to be part of solution or part of the problem, you make choice.

I'm just overall getting fed up with the union. I may not be cut out to work for this company.
The union makes it possible for the :shit:bags to stick around. Im tired of seeing grown men mope around like children, and i really believe the future of this company is in jeopardy as well.

I'm just overall getting fed up with the union. I may not be cut out to work for this company.
The union makes it possible for the :shit:bags to stick around. Im tired of seeing grown men mope around like children, and i really believe the future of this company is in jeopardy as well.

You are correct.
Members beat the teamster drum and talk about sticking together and
"We will show them"
This is more off a me attitude.

Please correct me if I am wrong, solidarity does not translate into screwing your fellow brothers future up by slowing down.

I have said many times, we the employees are either going to make this company survive or die.

Everyone wants to point the finger at management. I was not trained by a supervisor but old time Holland freight men who were proud of the work they did and proud to do what was right and take time to load freight so it would not get damaged. Never once did they say THIS IS HOW A TEAMSTERS DOES IT.
They said this is how we do it at Holland.

It is up to the older guys now to turn things around (attitude) and help the younger guys see that their livelihood depends on all of us doing what is right.

I've no dog in your hunt, but I have to agree with dokman. Couple times in my career I've been trained by senior men, once I had to ask for a different trainer. It's understandable that those that have lost be bitter, no longer like their job (or just company) & stay for whatever reason. However, nonstop negativity is only detrimental to everyone & everything. I shall now remove my nose from your business.

You are correct.
Members beat the teamster drum and talk about sticking together and
"We will show them"
This is more off a me attitude.

Please correct me if I am wrong, solidarity does not translate into screwing your fellow brothers future up by slowing down.

I have said many times, we the employees are either going to make this company survive or die.

Everyone wants to point the finger at management. I was not trained by a supervisor but old time Holland freight men who were proud of the work they did and proud to do what was right and take time to load freight so it would not get damaged. Never once did they say THIS IS HOW A TEAMSTERS DOES IT.
They said this is how we do it at Holland.

It is up to the older guys now to turn things around (attitude) and help the younger guys see that their livelihood depends on all of us doing what is right.
But it is not only the younger guys dok, with the lack of work ethics,pride,or doing the right thing. Many of those older guys,are part of the problem.. The hardest thing they do all day is look for ways to get out of work assignments, waste time, and complain to anyone who will listen....

Apparently the Louisville barn is full of those type. I heard they have lost $3 million in annual revenue this year. They lost about 4 of their bigger accounts.
They say FMLA abuse is so bad, that on certain Fridays they r lucky to have half their workforce show up.
And, when the missed pickups and lost customers started getting out of hand, they blamed management.....
I get really mad when I hear stories about that terminal, it's gonna be hard to keep my mouth shut the next time I run through there.

so, some guys from our terminal were sent down to Louisville recently to bail them out. They said that the Louisville employees were some of the most worthless, laziest employees they could ever imagine.

They said there is a guy on the dock who preaches to everyone to "slow down"

It's embarrassing that we have employees out there who are trying to sabotage the success of the company.

That's really gonna help us get our 15% back.....
What a great brotherhood!!

LOL! You think your getting that 15% back? I want some of what your smoking! You'll be lucky to get a raise at all....a small one at that. I left Holland quite a while ago but can surely understand the anger that alot of guys still have that work there. Yrcw made their bed....they have to lay in it.

But it is not only the younger guys dok, with the lack of work ethics,pride,or doing the right thing. Many of those older guys,are part of the problem.. The hardest thing they do all day is look for ways to get out of work assignments, waste time, and complain to anyone who will listen....

You are correct. From what I've seen a lot of the guys that complain and try to cause havoc everyday are the same guys that won't be able to get a job anywhere else. They've been working here for 15-20 years or more and they couldn't get a recommendation from a supervisor or a terminal manager for a different job. All the non-union ltl carriers are very weary about hiring a union employee from the get-go. Then you can't get a recommendation, you're in trouble. So they're stuck in their own little misery that they've helped create and do nothing to fix. I'm pissed too about the 15%. But I also understand you won't get it back by slowing down and not getting Freight delivered and letting the nine unions take the good Freight.

You are correct. From what I've seen a lot of the guys that complain and try to cause havoc everyday are the same guys that won't be able to get a job anywhere else. They've been working here for 15-20 years or more and they couldn't get a recommendation from a supervisor or a terminal manager for a different job. All the non-union ltl carriers are very weary about hiring a union employee from the get-go. Then you can't get a recommendation, you're in trouble. So they're stuck in their own little misery that they've helped create and do nothing to fix. I'm pissed too about the 15%. But I also understand you won't get it back by slowing down and not getting Freight delivered and letting the nine unions take the good Freight.

Uhhh No. Companies do NOT care about your supervisors/managers input. They only want to know how many years all weather experience you have and how clean your license is....especially these days. I know more than a dozen Holland drivers that left with 15 plus years at the company. They had ZERO trouble getting hired at the companies they are now at.....those companies are happy to have them too. Experienced drivers with CLEAN licenses can get a job just about anywhere.

Uhhh No. Companies do NOT care about your supervisors/managers input. They only want to know how many years all weather experience you have and how clean your license is....especially these days. I know more than a dozen Holland drivers that left with 15 plus years at the company. They had ZERO trouble getting hired at the companies they are now at.....those companies are happy to have them too. Experienced drivers with CLEAN licenses can get a job just about anywhere.
Yes indeed, and many of us have proven it. Contacting an applicant's former employer (references) is a thing of the past. Most employers are afraid of telling the other employers bad things about an applicant, in fear of a lawsuit if the former employee doesn't get the job, and they will only confirm the dates that the applicant worked for them.
Moral of the story, employers are looking for good, safe drivers, and don't care where they came from.
My boss saw my resume and where I worked, and never even mentioned it during the hiring process.
(We have since chatted about it during a safety ride.)

Ok that may be true about references. But then why don't they leave and get a new job. Instead they just bitch daily about how bad the company is screwing them.

Why does a pig woller in the mud, they like it and they think it is cool?
Same reason just one squeals and one talks.

Ok that may be true about references. But then why don't they leave and get a new job. Instead they just bitch daily about how bad the company is screwing them.
I did my talking with my feet, I left. When I got to the point where I felt the company was on the wrong path and the Union had abandoned us, and I was beginning to whine about the bovine scatology that was going on every day, it was adios for me.
:sadwavey:

And yes, the grass is greener on the other side.

Why does a pig woller in the mud, they like it and they think it is cool?
Same reason just one squeals and one talks.

VOYP13e.jpg