Loyola Chicago

But my Wolverines prevail.
:bgroovy::bgroovy::bgroovy:

Great season for Loyola though. They should be proud of overachieving like that.

I'll obviously be rooting for Michigan in the final regardless of who wins this second game, but I wouldn't bet a penny on it. Both of these teams are fantastic.

Last edited:
I'll obviously be rooting for Michigan in the final regsregard of who wins this second game, but I wouldn't bet a penny on it. Both of these teams are fantastic.
Nova has been good all year, KU has their moments , should be a good game

I'm pulling for Kansas although I'm not a big fan of theirs. I can't pull for Villanova because when I was young I was a Georgetown fan and they were a thorn in our side every year.
Should be a great game.

Wow. This second game sucked. Kansas laid an egg.
If Villanova plays like that in the final they will win it all.

Wow. This second game sucked. Kansas laid an egg.
If Villanova plays like that in the final they will win it all.

Kansas didn't lay an egg. Nova is that good. Michigan is gonna get slaughtered. Loyola played amazing. For not having any pro talent on their team and to get so far is a really great story. But that Mo Wagner ain't gonna be able to take over and carry Michigan past Nova. It's just not gonna happen.

It will be much more difficult for Mo, however, I don't expect Villanova to score that many points against Michigan's defense either.
If there is a blowout, it will be Villanova blowing out Michigan, but like they always say, "that's why they play the game".
If stats and our "genius" opinions mattered, Loyola wouldn't have even been there to play Michigan.
I'm hoping for an exciting game either way.

It will be much more difficult for Mo, however, I don't expect Villanova to score that many points against Michigan's defense either.
If there is a blowout, it will be Villanova blowing out Michigan, but like they always say, "that's why they play the game".
If stats and our "genius" opinions mattered, Loyola wouldn't have even been there to play Michigan.
I'm hoping for an exciting game either way.

Loyola was up 7 at half time against that defense. How much will Nova be up ?

Loyola was up 7 at half time against that defense. How much will Nova be up ?
Loyola was up 29-22 on Michigan at halftime. That's a final score of 58 for Loyola if you double it. Michigan will happily take that all day long. But the Michigan offense has to score on their end.
Is Villanova Loyola? No. But Michigan can't score 22 and beat anyone.
That's why they play the game, and us experts with our predictions don't get to determine the winner.

Villanova has the 11th best three point shooting team (15th overall offense), and Michigan has the 10th best three point defense in the country.(3rd best overall defense)
Something has to give.

Could be a good game.

Well, the answer is 9 points. Can Michigan do this ? They have played about as well as they are able. We will see how the adjustments play out in the second half. Look out if Nova finds a way to get some shooters open looks.

I was close
Close only counts in horseshoes and sex.:biglaugh:

Michigan had no answers. Kudos to Villanova. That Dante D. was amazing. He outscored the Michigan bench all by himself.
(32-7) That won't get it done.
I wanted to at least have a tight game. That wasn't even exciting.