Yellow | LTL carriers dialing down labor expenses as volumes sag

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
At the event, Yellow’s (NASDAQ: YELL) CEO Darren Hawkins said the company would look to align labor to freight volumes. He said the company’s unionized employee base allows it to “utilize contractual layoffs to match our hours available to the workload that’s presented to us on a daily basis.”

Yeah Darren! Right in the middle of a huge change of operations too!

:chairshot:

It’s almost like the time they spent a lot of money and had their pants when the recession hit!
Did I say recession?

700,000 miles on a 2019 Volvo…..time to dial it down where is Yellow going to get the money for the next bunch of trucks?happy Thanksgiving my bid just got canceled..dialing it down

Last edited:
700,000 miles on a 2019 Volvo…..time to dial it down where is Yellow going to get the money for the next bunch of trucks?happy Thanksgiving my bid just got canceled..dialing it down
Deja Vue ! The whole Road Way merg all over again ! If you have big time seniority you"ll be fine . Otherwise , bend over and grab your ankles !

FXF is dealing with the same issues. Mileage piling up on trucks that can't get replaced.

And they refuse to rebuild them anymore.

Was told if we put in a new order for vehicles today the first ones that we might get would be around 2024/5.

At the event, Yellow’s (NASDAQ: YELL) CEO Darren Hawkins said the company would look to align labor to freight volumes. He said the company’s unionized employee base allows it to “utilize contractual layoffs to match our hours available to the workload that’s presented to us on a daily basis.”

Yeah Darren! Right in the middle of a huge change of operations too!

:chairshot:
Happy Holidays from Yellow freight! Nothing never changes,trip over dollars to save pennies!

Deja Vue ! The whole Road Way merg all over again ! If you have big time seniority you"ll be fine . Otherwise , bend over and grab your ankles !
Depends what you consider big time seniority.

I got 25 years, just had my bid cut, being told I can’t follow work to a terminal a mile away from my house and that I have to get doubles endorsement even though I’m high enough up to know I’m never going to their velocity bids.

Some of these terminals they want you to transfer to won’t tell you what the terminal will be running we can assume we know what they will be running but we need it in writing I wonder how many grievances was file about this change of operations

Depends what you consider big time seniority.

I got 25 years, just had my bid cut, being told I can’t follow work to a terminal a mile away from my house and that I have to get doubles endorsement even though I’m high enough up to know I’m never going to their velocity bids.
What is the definition of seniority? This should not happen.

As told to me by steward out West.
They were told that they would not going to be allowed to bid across the street to the Reddaway barn.
In the end they went where their senority would hold.
The city was split down the middle Yellow took everthing South
Reddaway took North.
Hows it working out.. Not real well
Breaking city freight for other city terminal is hurting their numbers.
Don't matter get rid of unwanted freight and shrink the workforce down just like the YRC-RDWY merger ....

As told to me by steward out West.
They were told that they would not going to be allowed to bid across the street to the Reddaway barn.
In the end they went where their senority would hold.
The city was split down the middle Yellow took everthing South
Reddaway took North.
Hows it working out.. Not real well
Breaking city freight for other city terminal is hurting their numbers.
Don't matter get rid of unwanted freight and shrink the workforce down just like the YRC-RDWY merger ....
If you have low seniority get out as soon as possible ! I enjoyed working for RoadWay/YRC . But their constant COO's did not fair well for me . I wasted too much time there. Seriously ! Let that place GO ! Management has no love lost on you ,they will let you you go without any remorse . Regardless of your work ethic or record . Truth be told !

If you have low seniority get out as soon as possible ! I enjoyed working for RoadWay/YRC . But their constant COO's did not fair well for me . I wasted too much time there. Seriously ! Let that place GO ! Management has no love lost on you ,they will let you you go without any remorse . Regardless of your work ethic or record . Truth be told !
Oh ,and then they have the audacity to try and call you back ... G. F. YOURSELF !

Patel said its called Syengry -15% rightsizing of workforce for the rightsizing of terminals , due to the mass reorganizing of terminals closed or sold off to make numbers look better ! But good news is NO upper management will be laid off and they will still get their Xmas Bonues and Good News is the DRIVERS will still get the a 6 pack of Spam , But with Bacon this year as a Bonus !!! Merry Xmas Drivers Enjoy !!
fa9f74ace9f7a20e36813e2f32704851.jpg