SAIA | LTLs Ward, Saia Reduce Pay as Freight Volumes Decline

progress.gif
progress.gif

Two regional less-than-truckload carriers announced across-the-board pay cuts because of deteriorating freight volumes and prices, Saia Inc. by 5% for salaried employees and drivers, and Ward Trucking Corp. by 8.9%. Both companies said executives’ pay was cut even more.

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/basetemplate.aspx?storyid=21632

Heard from a reliable source that Ups is getting one also. Not trying to get a rumor started but I was told about this Ward cut a few days ago by the same source.

Heard from a reliable source that Ups is getting one also. Not trying to get a rumor started but I was told about this Ward cut a few days ago by the same source.

All salary positions has had there wages frozen. Any employee's under contract were not affected.

I have not been able to find anything about an executive pay cut at Ward. I may be wrong but so far the only people that I have read about taking a pay cut are the hourly employees.
Ward Transport and Logistics Corp. is cutting the pay of its drivers and hourly workers by 8.9%, Pennsylvania television station WTAJ reported on its Web site Tuesday.

More...