FedEx Freight | Lunch Breaks

If you’re on a hub turn you need to( supposed to) take your lunch before you collect delay. I’m not sure if you have to if you’re just working the dock for 8 hours because there’s no other work available. I’ve never heard of anyone being forced to take lunch on a shuttle run. Maybe some douche is trying to watch the dock payroll?

There are 10 states that have separate meal period policies. The general policy for all others doesn’t have any specific mention of where it needs taken as far as I know.

If you're on Kronos (time clock) you have to take a break between your third and sixth hour because you're an hourly employee at that point.

Hourly and staff nonexempt employees are required to take a minimum of 30 minutes off duty as a meal period during each shift in which the employee works 6.00 or more hours. For example, if an employee works a shift of exactly 6.00 hours, he/she should have taken a compliant meal period within that shift.

For road drivers:

If you run a Hub turn (I believe over 450 mi) you show your 30 min drop and then go on delay until you’re dispatched.

That counts as your 30 min lunch.

Lunch? For dessert, how about skipping the "woke" Hershey's brand.. instead go with this one.

2 versions. Nuts and nutless. You'll have to figure out for yourself which is which...

If you’re on a hub turn you need to( supposed to) take your lunch before you collect delay. I’m not sure if you have to if you’re just working the dock for 8 hours because there’s no other work available. I’ve never heard of anyone being forced to take lunch on a shuttle run. Maybe some douche is trying to watch the dock payroll?
Ive never had to take lunch before collecting my delay. I would always hit one of the truckstops on my way back to take lunch after i got my delay. Argued about it due to it seemed they were forcing me to take lunch on their time instead of me having choice when i wanted to eat

Ive never had to take lunch before collecting my delay. I would always hit one of the truckstops on my way back to take lunch after i got my delay. Argued about it due to it seemed they were forcing me to take lunch on their time instead of me having choice when i wanted to eat
Did it work? Do you still take your meal break off their premises????

It’s been a yr. Left road for drayage but far as know theres guys that prefer to take lunch off site on their way back to their domicile. I mean, im not gonna force feed myself on their time if im not hungry
So……. Do we have to take it at the hub???? It only takes me 2 hrs to the hub!!!! I’m not ready to EAT!!!!!! I just came from home

Come on guys , I did not run hubs , THE ANSWER IS ---- YES/NO
Help a guy out please.

Thank you / SMOKESTACK

Come on guys , I did not run hubs , THE ANSWER IS ---- YES/NO
Help a guy out please.

Thank you / SMOKESTACK

The question isn't clear enough to provide a concise answer. Is this a shuttle run or a hub turn? Is he asking about delay pay or is the freight ready, but he has to take a break? It also varies by state. California rules and general rules are different.

If it's a hub turn, then the answer is no. You don't have to take a break at the hub. You don't even have to put in a break when you decide to stop. You can log it as "on duty not driving". I put in delay 30 minutes after my arrival time because they pay me 30 minutes for dropping and I'll usually just stay in "yard moves" because I forget to change it and some times I'll decide to drive to the snack machine.

If it's a shuttle, see what I posted above about kronos.

The question isn't clear enough to provide a concise answer. Is this a shuttle run or a hub turn? Is he asking about delay pay or is the freight ready, but he has to take a break? It also varies by state. California rules and general rules are different.

If it's a hub turn, then the answer is no. You don't have to take a break at the hub. You don't even have to put in a break when you decide to stop. You can log it as "on duty not driving". I put in delay 30 minutes after my arrival time because they pay me 30 minutes for dropping and I'll usually just stay in "yard moves" because I forget to change it and some times I'll decide to drive to the snack machine.

If it's a shuttle, see what I posted above about kronos.
I’m on a shuttle run to the hub. It takes 2 hr to get there. it’s around 5 hours from the time I gated from my center and the time Im dispatched from the hub. Do I have to take a break at the hub either when I arrived ( which is 2 hrs ) or do I have to take a break at the 5th hr ( when I’m dispatched)? Or, can I break somewhere else after I hate out?

I’m on a shuttle run to the hub. It takes 2 hr to get there. it’s around 5 hours from the time I gated from my center and the time Im dispatched from the hub. Do I have to take a break at the hub either when I arrived ( which is 2 hrs ) or do I have to take a break at the 5th hr ( when I’m dispatched)? Or, can I break somewhere else after I hate out?
Gate out

No, you don't have to take a break at the hub. Your dock time will satisfy any legal requirement for a break, except for certain states like New York and California.

The problem with the shuttle runs is if they cut you at your show time and somebody is waiting for that trailer, they're expecting you to arrive at a certain time. Now you're holding up that driver waiting for that freight, be it p/d or a road run with a meet.