New Penn | Lunch/ Dot Break at end of Day

TM S are always fine with crap like this ,let your local know since the steward is not. If that dont work ask the guys to check out the new stereo system in your trunk no camera there!
No wonder people hate unions..
But thankfully people like you are around to prove them right..

The Non - Union Teamsters here at NP feel they can take lunch whenever they want. You confront them and they say, it works for me. Also they are in violation of the DOT 30 minute break before 8 hours worked. The Tm and Dispatchers are fine with this cause we are short Drivers , and they get what they need. I was just wondering if this only happens in Cranston , Ri
It happens everywhere but they are not violation of the DOT rules because they have been getting in and out of the tractor in the city so the 30 minute rule does not apply it only applies if you have not stopped and gotten out of the unit in the last 8 hours.

Not really, some dinosaurs relish the days of breaking heads to win hearts. of course as long as it was not their children's heads being broken..
You see it every now and then on these boards...
I doubt very seriously you have ever seen anyone or their children's head broken.
Back in those days, big-mouth union haters were notified a head breaking was a possibility.
Usually, they got their act straight very quickly.
Too bad you were not around in those days to see for yourself.

It happens everywhere but they are not violation of the DOT rules because they have been getting in and out of the tractor in the city so the 30 minute rule does not apply it only applies if you have not stopped and gotten out of the unit in the last 8 hours.
Has nothing to do with getting in and out of the truck..it is after 8 hours driven you must take a break, which can include on duty not driving time....here is the rule from the fmcsa website...
Drivers must take a 30-minute break when they have driven for a period of 8 cumulative hours without at least a 30-minute interruption. The break may be satisfied by any non-driving period of 30 consecutive minutes (i.e., on-duty not driving, off-duty, sleeper berth, or any combination of these taken consecutively).

Calm down Puffy, I believe it was a joke....
No joke in my little part of Hell.
Had a few Born Again Teamsters after the point was made..
Had a Performance food driver that that mouthed off going through the picket line to get his company's struck goods.
Upon leaving he mouthed off again the truck went to Pensky on the hook and he went to the hospital. Happened down the street have no idea how anything happened.. Gang bangers turf we believe.

No joke in my little part of Hell.
Had a few Born Again Teamsters after the point was made..
Had a Performance food driver that that mouthed off going through the picket line to get his company's struck goods.
Upon leaving he mouthed off again the truck went to Pensky on the hook and he went to the hospital. Happened down the street have no idea how anything happened.. Gang bangers turf we believe.
gang bangers don't f*** around

I doubt very seriously you have ever seen anyone or their children's head broken.
Back in those days, big-mouth union haters were notified a head breaking was a possibility.
Usually, they got their act straight very quickly.
Too bad you were not around in those days to see for yourself.
Breeze:
Unfortunately I was, my local was notorious for violence while I was a member.
They were busy stealing pension contributions as well.
It was ugly and anyone (dues paying members) who dare questioned anything "got their act straight very quickly"
Or found themselves a victim of violence or worse.
Not quite the democratic organization unions are supposed to be....

Breeze:
Unfortunately I was, my local was notorious for violence while I was a member.
They were busy stealing pension contributions as well.
It was ugly and anyone (dues paying members) who dare questioned anything "got their act straight very quickly"
Or found themselves a victim of violence or worse.
Not quite the democratic organization unions are supposed to be....
I'm not sure you were around in the 50s before they cracked down on some of the violence.
We did send a president and 2 BAs to prison for credit card theft.
They got off lucky with pleas.