New Penn | Lunch/ Dot Break at end of Day

If you're diabetic tell them you have to eat something to regulate your blood sugar and to leave you alone . You need to have your blood sugar right before you go to the street, reference 392.3. I'm too sick to drive until my blood sugar returns to its normal level with something to eat then I will do it. Von.

Sorry but incorrect..If one starts at noon they must have 30 minutes or more of non drive time prior to their 8th hour of Driving..duty time does not factor in. One could start at 12 ..work the dock until 8 go drive for 3 hours ( 11 hrs total) and go home and be legal from DOT stand point....local laws and company policy may say different

The Non - Union Teamsters here at NP feel they can take lunch whenever they want. You confront them and they say, it works for me. Also they are in violation of the DOT 30 minute break before 8 hours worked. The Tm and Dispatchers are fine with this cause we are short Drivers , and they get what they need. I was just wondering if this only happens in Cranston , Ri
no 8 hr rule for city drivers or log1

The Non - Union Teamsters here at NP feel they can take lunch whenever they want. You confront them and they say, it works for me. Also they are in violation of the DOT 30 minute break before 8 hours worked. The Tm and Dispatchers are fine with this cause we are short Drivers , and they get what they need. I was just wondering if this only happens in Cranston , Ri
As long as the drivers log shows 30
minutes not driving its fine....

To clarify the regulations-not company policy or contract:

1)its is 30 minutes or more of non-drive time before your 8th DRIVING HOUR--not 8-hours on duty

2) drivers operating under the short-haul exemption do not need to fulfill the 30 minutes of non drive time

People still complaining about taking lunches. A good number of the whiners probably clock at least an hour and a half of clock milking time during their day anyway, but have every excuse in the world to argue they won’t be told when to take a break.

People still complaining about taking lunches. A good number of the whiners probably clock at least an hour and a half of clock milking time during their day anyway, but have every excuse in the world to argue they won’t be told when to take a break.
They are exactly the kind of people who have contributed to the lowering of standards and working conditions for workers in our industry.

To clarify the regulations-not company policy or contract:

1)its is 30 minutes or more of non-drive time before your 8th DRIVING HOUR--not 8-hours on duty

2) drivers operating under the short-haul exemption do not need to fulfill the 30 minutes of non drive time
Reading the FMCSA rules, I don’t see anyone exempt from the 30 minute break.

it happens all over the new pen system. because the people don't care everybody about them selves
lae

TM S are always fine with crap like this ,let your local know since the steward is not. If that dont work ask the guys to check out the new stereo system in your trunk no camera there!

Only Fools skip their lunch during the day , your just number 15 to them and don't care about you or your health ! It's not your problem if they are short handed and freight doesn't get delivered ! Put yourself & family 1st before freight & OT pay !!

Clock Milking probably costs about $15,000.00 a day company wide , we had guys that would take 3-4 smoke breaks a hour and guys at end of shift would stand around for 30-45 mins talking about guns & hunting & horses & big butt women & mirrors and guys that would dock freight on purpose to create OT ,instead of loading it in a empty trailer sitting there !

Clock Milking probably costs about $15,000.00 a day company wide , we had guys that would take 3-4 smoke breaks a hour and guys at end of shift would stand around for 30-45 mins talking about guns & hunting & horses & big butt women & mirrors and guys that would dock freight on purpose to create OT ,instead of loading it in a empty trailer sitting there !
Big butts and mirrors? That’s not good.

Sorry but incorrect..If one starts at noon they must have 30 minutes or more of non drive time prior to their 8th hour of Driving..duty time does not factor in. One could start at 12 ..work the dock until 8 go drive for 3 hours ( 11 hrs total) and go home and be legal from DOT stand point....local laws and company policy may say different
Union contract says different.
Lunch between 4th and 6th.

They couldn't be following the lead of guys making millions and sinking companies...and then getting other jobs for millions...could they?
Or bankers without money to loan....loaning money at interest.
I guess only the dock guys should work in this business.

God these guys should be exiled..they're so terrible....it's all their fault

Management has a job to manage....enough letters and the guy gets fired....but if a manager wants to manage he needs to do what it takes to move the freight and prevent that.
If he don't try....it'll never change.
They know our system.
You gotta be good to keep it moving.
The guys ain't gonna make it easy.
They have to earn their bonuses and raises.
Some good bosses can do it without any letters.
Others take the stance of...if the Teamsters like them...they're not doing their job.
Can someone please translate this post for me, I'm getting a headache trying to by myself.