New Penn | Lunch/ Dot Break at end of Day

Nevergreen

TB Lurker
Credits
The Non - Union Teamsters here at NP feel they can take lunch whenever they want. You confront them and they say, it works for me. Also they are in violation of the DOT 30 minute break before 8 hours worked. The Tm and Dispatchers are fine with this cause we are short Drivers , and they get what they need. I was just wondering if this only happens in Cranston , Ri

The Non - Union Teamsters here at NP feel they can take lunch whenever they want. You confront them and they say, it works for me. Also they are in violation of the DOT 30 minute break before 8 hours worked. The Tm and Dispatchers are fine with this cause we are short Drivers , and they get what they need. I was just wondering if this only happens in Cranston , Ri
Shop steward should have a talk with them. If that doesn't get results other drivers should invite them to a "conference".

The Non - Union Teamsters here at NP feel they can take lunch whenever they want. You confront them and they say, it works for me. Also they are in violation of the DOT 30 minute break before 8 hours worked. The Tm and Dispatchers are fine with this cause we are short Drivers , and they get what they need. I was just wondering if this only happens in Cranston

1) Drivers operating under 14 hr/150 mile rule are exempt from DOT 30 minute non drive time

2) Drivers that need to run logs have to take 30 minutes of non drive time prior to their 8th driving hour...not 8 hrs of duty

1) Drivers operating under 14 hr/150 mile rule are exempt from DOT 30 minute non drive time

2) Drivers that need to run logs have to take 30 minutes of non drive time prior to their 8th driving hour...not 8 hrs of duty
While all that is the law, what does your contract say? I'm confident that it reads like ABF's contract which states that you must take your lunch by your sixth hour. I hope that you aren't one who has the mindset that it doesn't matter because the law says you don't have to....you should go by the contract since you expect the company to abide by it....

Nope it happens at 119 when it’s time to move the magntag boards by hand , the bathroom stalls are full and the smokers need a break or it’s time for lunch

While all that is the law, what does your contract say? I'm confident that it reads like ABF's contract which states that you must take your lunch by your sixth hour. I hope that you aren't one who has the mindset that it doesn't matter because the law says you don't have to....you should go by the contract since you expect the company to abide by it....
Yepper ! Not to mention it has been company policy to take your 30 min between the 4th and 6th hour since at least the early 2000's. These guys are all about themselves and give zero $hits how this impacts the rest of the board.

Yepper ! Not to mention it has been company policy to take your 30 min between the 4th and 6th hour since at least the early 2000's. These guys are are all about themselves and give zero $hits how this impacts the rest of the board.
That's contractual as well as company policy. It was put there for our benefit. How pathetic that some don't follow it.

PS - It's been in contracts since at least the early 1970's.