ODFL | Lunch Time

If your a cdl driver when you park your car at the company you need to be back in that car 14 hours later and once a week it can be 16 hours later when you start doing dock work your still a driver your job title did not change

Not exactly correct. Yes, you may be a driver but as long as you log your work time correctly (driving, on duty-not driving, etc.) you can work as many non-driving hours as you like. HOS regulations only specify when you can or cannot DRIVE. You can complete 14 hours of driving/non-driving work and then still work the dock for as many hours as you like for instance. You just cannot DRIVE again till you meet the rest requirements (10 consecutive hours off duty) in addition to not exceeding the 70/8 or 60/7 limitations.

If your a cdl driver when you park your car at the company you need to be back in that car 14 hours later and once a week it can be 16 hours later when you start doing dock work your still a driver your job title did not change
Not even close!!

I liked the old 50s logging system, you picked up the amount of hrs. used 7 days previous at the same start time.
If freight was heavy, you could be out of hrs. Fri and be off all weekend.
Not good for hungry, long winded guys.
When the bosses at a 60 hour company dont pay attention to the hours and you volunteer for a few late switches you call on friday and say " i have 4 hours left should i come in today "

Not exactly correct. Yes, you may be a driver but as long as you log your work time correctly (driving, on duty-not driving, etc.) you can work as many non-driving hours as you like. HOS regulations only specify when you can or cannot DRIVE. You can complete 14 hours of driving/non-driving work and then still work the dock for as many hours as you like for instance. You just cannot DRIVE again till you meet the rest requirements (10 consecutive hours off duty) in addition to not exceeding the 70/8 or 60/7 limitations.
And you can’t just do a 16 hour once a week. Can only be used if weather, or road closure,(accident) forces you into a delay, that you could have made it back in your normal 14.

Always been told od don’t even want you on duty after 14 even though it’s legal,,
What would the workmans comp company say about 20 hours on duty , after so many hours without sleep/rest a person is considered the equivalent of intoxicated how may of us almost wipe out our car on the way home because were beat

And you can’t just do a 16 hour once a week. Can only be used if weather, or road closure,(accident) forces you into a delay, that you could have made it back in your normal 14.
13 hour drive time (2 hour extension) needs a reason like these. 16 hour rule does not.

Always been told od don’t even want you on duty after 14 even though it’s legal,,
I think that is the Short Haul exception rule.Within a 100 mile radius you can work an extra 2 hours. Maybe one day a week.But OD no longer allows it.Found out the hard way 1 day.