SAIA | Lunches and 10 min breaks...

FBR

TB Lurker
Credits
since everything is paper less including the hand book, I just want to make sure we are still allotted a 30 min lunch and 2 10 min breaks each and every workday...

since everything is paper less including the hand book, I just want to make sure we are still allotted a 30 min lunch and 2 10 min breaks each and every workday...

YEP! Take either and get written up for missing a pick up or delivery.

Last I knew we were atleast entitled to one 30 min break. They are going to take it, so I would suggest taking it during lunch or at the end of the day if you are a city driver. I never take a lunch break, but I am a linehaul driver.

When I was in the city, I rarely took a lunch break when the employee manual said to. It seems the dispatchers never heard of that, so I took it at the end of the day after all the paperwork was completed and entered into the nextel.

If you don't take the lunch break, you are essentially paying the company a half hour per day for the privilege of working straight thru the day.

screw the hand book! take an hour lunch and two thirties.:Flame-On:

how many city drivers

skip their lunch everyday? I know of one who does it 90% of the time. nothing like giving 50 plus dollars away every week...

I just started as a city driver a short time ago and as far as I can see, if you take a 30 minute lunch you will be an hour behind. They bomb my Nexel with so many pick-ups I'm playing beat the clock all day long. I usually get pissed off around 2:00 or so and stop for 15 minutes - long enough to eat a sandwich and take a breath. i don't like the idea that I'm donating time every day, but if you stand out as less effective than some other drivers, how you think you'll get treated ?

[quote author=speedbump1292 link=topic=73261.msg814928#msg814928 date=1269178347]
That's the Saia way!!! Nothing better then starting at 8 am and taking your lunch at 6pm!!
[/quote]

That's what I use to do. I didn't mind b/c i never eat lunch anyway. I use to just work through the day, then they stopped signing time cards for no lunch b/c some people would screw around and still ask for their card to be signed.

[quote author=Bruno link=topic=73261.msg814810#msg814810 date=1269142395]
I just started as a city driver a short time ago and as far as I can see, if you take a 30 minute lunch you will be an hour behind. They bomb my Nexel with so many pick-ups I'm playing beat the clock all day long. I usually get pissed off around 2:00 or so and stop for 15 minutes - long enough to eat a sandwich and take a breath. i don't like the idea that I'm donating time every day, but if you stand out as less effective than some other drivers, how you think you'll get treated ?
[/quote]WELCOME TO SAIA GRAB YOUR ANKLES PLEASE!