Estes | Lunches

mb6143

TB Lurker
Credits
Why the early lunch brakes? Before 5 hours in California , and before the 6th hour everywhere else or so the rumor mill goes.

There's a posting on our board that says between 3rd and 5th hour, but TM says Ohio law is 4th and 6th. That's when I take mine. We can no longer take it later because the state can audit the peoplenet system and the company could face fines. I used to take mine later in the day, it's takes some getting used to.

Dont work at ESTES but a competitor, but they are really pushing this since a couple drivers here have been violated for taking lunches late during BIT inspections.

That is not an Ohio Law the break between the 4th and 6th hour is what Estes Safety Department wants us to do .. I have worked at other places as well as being leased to a few company's in the past 15 years that required the same break time to be used and that was before the Federal Law was even in effect...

What's the deal here? What's wrong with taking your lunch at the 5th hour or 6th hour... Is it that you don't like to be ask to take your lunch or what.. Just wondering, not trying to be a smart*** here...

Truckers are smarter than most give credit. Many may not be able to speak, spell or act intelligent but when it comes to food, that's where the counter intelligence starts working. Most will never admit it but there's a Wafflehouse stop that isn't documented between the 1st and 2nd hour. If you don't believe me, look at the size of those handheld, peoplenet lumpers. Times are changing though, they are putting a tape measure around some of these guys and telling them they can't drive anymore.

Truckers are smarter than most give credit. Many may not be able to speak, spell or act intelligent but when it comes to food, that's where the counter intelligence starts working. Most will never admit it but there's a Wafflehouse stop that isn't documented between the 1st and 2nd hour. If you don't believe me, look at the size of those handheld, peoplenet lumpers. Times are changing though, they are putting a tape measure around some of these guys and telling them they can't drive anymore.

Put down the Tequila Dew.... Jose' has you delirious.....

What's the deal here? What's wrong with taking your lunch at the 5th hour or 6th hour... Is it that you don't like to be ask to take your lunch or what.. Just wondering, not trying to be a smart*** here...

Well theres your answer...the big bad goverment is telling them to eat so in effort to revert to childhood drivers must throw a fit like a 2 year old. Personally I really don't understand what the big deal is. When I was a line driver i stopped to eat as a city driver the company they are automatically taking 30 minutes from me wether or not i take the break.

They are require a full hour at my barn and believe me, I looked forward to it. Cell phone and handheld stayed in the truck back when I worked somewhat for my check
1nyr.jpg

How are you supposed to take a lunch when u leave the yard at 10am with 12 deliveries in a 50 mile radius and have 5 pickups sent to you that most be picked up by 3pm and you haven't even made it to your first stop yet? Happens EVERY day at 135. Lucky to get a lunch break by 9 or 10 hrs and even then you have dispatch calling you while you are trying to take your break.

When I worked the city we were told to take our hour lunch within the first 5 hours and let the dispatchers worry about the rest. Lots of my pickups used to magically disappear.

How are you supposed to take a lunch when u leave the yard at 10am with 12 deliveries in a 50 mile radius and have 5 pickups sent to you that most be picked up by 3pm and you haven't even made it to your first stop yet? Happens EVERY day at 135. Lucky to get a lunch break by 9 or 10 hrs and even then you have dispatch calling you while you are trying to take your break.

Take your break.. Let dispatch worry about the rest... They give you any crap, go to safety.... F'em....

Young lady in Elkton said it best to me when I was bitchin about lunches,not taken your lunch would really be a bonehead way of getting fired.

Young lady in Elkton said it best to me when I was bitchin about lunches,not taken your lunch would really be a bonehead way of getting fired.

I need her name so I can call and get instructions on how to do that.... The PeopleNet doesn't recognize your lunch break is in violation until 7:59 have been logged... I want them to fire me for that ****...