TForce | Lunchtime And Breaktime?

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
Am i correct to ASSume that we are entitled to, up to a one hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks?

If correct, can you direct me to any documentation? i can't find it in the book. Lunch is covered on pg. 94, but i don't see anything about breaks.

Am i correct to ASSume that we are entitled to, up to a one hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks?

If correct, can you direct me to any documentation? i can't find it in the book. Lunch is covered on pg. 94, but i don't see anything about breaks.
A lunch of 30 min. to 60 min. is all we are entitled to by the contract. In my humble opinion the DOT regulations allow a driver to rest breaks as needed, since when on mileage you are not paid hourly. Common human decency would allow anyone to a rest room break if one is required. Now if on the dock 15 min. break probably wouldn't be allowed without clocking out.

Contractually we are not entitled to breaks, we only have a lunch bargained for in our contract. Some states have laws on the books covering hourly employees, some are 15 minute breaks, some are 10 minute breaks and some don't have laws for breaks and depend on the decency of the company they work for.

Contractually we are not entitled to breaks, we only have a lunch bargained for in our contract. Some states have laws on the books covering hourly employees, some are 15 minute breaks, some are 10 minute breaks and some don't have laws for breaks and depend on the decency of the company they work for.

Many, i would say MOST, drivers here in the northeast will almost assuredly end up in another state at some time during their night---especially if they are extra-board.

Would the state's rules they are currently in apply, or their home state?

Many, i would say MOST, drivers here in the northeast will almost assuredly end up in another state at some time during their night---especially if they are extra-board.

Would the state's rules they are currently in apply, or their home state?

I am not sure. That would be something to take up with the local area you are working in. All three states on the west coast have similar laws so when we cross state lines the break laws are followed because of it.