R&L | Lytek Camera

I think it’s a legitimate question as to what the safer alternative is. Isn’t the coaching sessions purpose to train and advise?

How would sending a straight truck solve this problem? Wouldn’t it still have to be backed in? I must be missing something as to what objection management has with backing off the street and what is their safer alternative? That last question is the first question I would want answered if I were in your shoes.
Obviously, some places, you cant turn a tractor trailer around but a straight truck may be able to K turn it in the yard.

You got me on that! One can only imagine what a TM that never drove a truck before will suggest lol
Mine literally shows us the video and types Driver pledges to do better and that's the end of it. He's never been in a truck in his life so he doesn't even pretend to know what we should do better. He actually thinks the whole thing is as ridiculous as we do.

I think it’s a legitimate question as to what the safer alternative is. Isn’t the coaching sessions purpose to train and advise?
Id say, If you want an answer to your question, you might want to call safety or go to the SAIA page and ask them, they have been dealing with this bull crap way longer than we have.

Id say, If you want an answer to your question, you might want to call safety or go to the SAIA page and ask them, they have been dealing with this bull crap way longer than we have.
I haven't had any coaching sessions yet. I had 49 instances on LYTX website, all driver flagged. I hit that blue button every time someone even looks like they're going to do something stupid. I'll tell em same thing I always tell em, "go ahead and fire me, I could use the time off, lots of driving jobs out there, I'll get another one"

I haven't had any coaching sessions yet. I had 49 instances on LYTX website, all driver flagged. I hit that blue button every time someone even looks like they're going to do something stupid. I'll tell em same thing I always tell em, "go ahead and fire me, I could use the time off, lots of driving jobs out there, I'll get another one"

rJNKVn7.jpg

Coop is always hiring..

I guess they are coaching now via the latex cameras. Nothing major. Stop signs. Maybe some slight FTC but that's all I am hearing now. More to come I'm sure.

They start messing with me I'll procedure them to death. I'll bleed 'em dry. I'm not the type to milk the clock. I run effeciently and effectively. I get my deliveries off and pickups on. Sometimes that means improvising and adapting on the fly. I don't cut corners on safety but I do things my own way sometimes. They start nit picking me with that damn camera, that way of operating will come to a screeching halt.
lol you sound like the Dwight Schrute of the company

lol you sound like the Dwight Schrute of the company
I do not blame Ted. I was the same way. You start messing with me & I would do it by the numbers. I picked up 1 skid of 15 bags of a Haz Mat substance. It required a load bar or strap to be secured. Which I did not have. I loaded it & signed for it. Then called dispatch & would wait until the load bar was brought to me. After the 2nd or 3rd time this happened, I no longer had that pick up. Dispatch said the other freight I picked up would secure the Haz Mat skid. I said no they were wrong. And they knew I was right. Other drivers doing P&D would pull it with no load bar. Would the bar make a difference in keeping the palet safe? No. But a possible 2500 dollar fine to the driver & 11,000 to the company guided my decision in demanding a securement device. von.

I do not blame Ted. I was the same way. You start messing with me & I would do it by the numbers. I picked up 1 skid of 15 bags of a Haz Mat substance. It required a load bar or strap to be secured. Which I did not have. I loaded it & signed for it. Then called dispatch & would wait until the load bar was brought to me. After the 2nd or 3rd time this happened, I no longer had that pick up. Dispatch said the other freight I picked up would secure the Haz Mat skid. I said no they were wrong. And they knew I was right. Other drivers doing P&D would pull it with no load bar. Would the bar make a difference in keeping the palet safe? No. But a possible 2500 dollar fine to the driver & 11,000 to the company guided my decision in demanding a securement device. von.
We just got our cameras at OD and it will absolutely change my views on winter roads. Instead of running when it's crappy out I'll just stay home.