ODFL Madison Heights Accident

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Freight Line' started by JIM BOB, Jul 12, 2019 at 1:12 PM.

1. JIM BOB

JIM BOB Super Moderator Staff Member

2. JIM BOB

Prayers out to the driver and his family...…….maybe a few errors in this report but it will be updated.

flybynite and Freightsup like this.
  3. JIM BOB

4. 1 Lone Ranger

1 Lone Ranger Active Member

That looks pretty bad.And was a new tractor. Meanwhile idiots on FB making OD jokes.

5. Grumpy O' Man

Grumpy O' Man Well-Known Member

Driver is lucky to be alive.He had some serious injury's he is having to deal with now.Most likely unable to work anymore.All the comment's is why I do not belong to any of those forums.Don't know what happened.Doesn't take much to run off the hwy up thru there.

6. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

It was on the bypass.Travel that road every night.Plenty of deer in that area..

7. JIM BOB

That's just the times we're living in.This whole world needs a good thinning out but that's just my opinion.

8. 1 Lone Ranger

1 Lone Ranger Active Member

And it doesn't matter whose fault. It only takes an instant is the thing.I wish everybody would remember that.

9. Big Dave

Big Dave Wrote LAST child support check for Ump

Driver Since:
  10. BillyLo

BillyLo Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion

If you’re linehaul, they’re paying you top dollar to not do stuff like this. Part of your job is to get proper rest during the day and don’t you ever forget it

White, JIM BOB and flybynite like this.
  11. flybynite

flybynite Well-Known Member

I hope the best for the driver. This really was on my mind yesterday as I ran my run. Two lane going up and down the mountains. Tight curves. Lot’s of wildlife. But a driver flipped a trailer a number of years ago. Determined that the dock loaded all of the weight on one side. Part of my final walk around is seeing if I have a leaner. I’ve refused to pull a trailer twice.

Slabslayer, JIM BOB and BillyLo like this.
  12. BillyLo

BillyLo Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion

Stooges on the dock think nothing wrong with loading 28k on the right side of a long box and barely 2k across the left,, thug life on that lift I guessing

flybynite and Ted Decker trk like this.
  13. Ted Decker trk

Ted Decker trk Well-Known Member

I had one a few months ago, 53'. 6 full totes left rear side, ~17,000, nothing to speak of very heavy on right rear, about 6,000 in big bulky empty auto racks in first 1/2. Trailer was leaning at dock before I even tried to hook to it. Thought I had two broken left springs when I pulled up to it. No reason for it, just laziness . Took em all of ten minutes to rework it after I got supervisor .