New Penn | Maine

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
Does New Penn have any terminals in Maine currently ? Their website does not list any terminals in Maine. Do they still cover this state directly ? Hard to keep up with all the changes. Sorry if this is old news.

Last I knew, NP operations got absorbed into the YRC systems. NP drivers got dovetailed into their nearest barn if they stayed on

Last I knew NP built the city loads for Maine down in Mass then shuttled them up for local guys to peddle. They had no dock operations in Maine. Things could have changed, I'm not in the loop now.

Last I knew NP built the city loads for Maine down in Mass then shuttled them up for local guys to peddle. They had no dock operations in Maine. Things could have changed, I'm not in the loop now.
You are correct. That operation ended about a year ago. The Maine based drivers were offered positions at their local YRC terminal

You are correct. That operation ended about a year ago. The Maine based drivers were offered positions at their local YRC terminal

Interesting. So there are no New Penn separate peddle runs now, the New Penn freight crosses the YRC dock and gets peddled with the YRC freight?

Interesting. So there are no New Penn separate peddle runs now, the New Penn freight crosses the YRC dock and gets peddled with the YRC freight?
We had the same operation as NP until we opened a terminal in Me. All the NP drivers were made YRC drivers at the closest terminal..

I got my info from the ex NP drivers based in Maine, plus co-workers in Pyles Saco term. As far as I know, Me freight hits the dock in the NP Billerica building, then gets line hauled to the appropriate YRC yard. Whether is a NP or YRC truck, I am guessing is whoever is there. I have seen both companies in Maine.

We had the same operation as NP until we opened a terminal in Me. All the NP drivers were made YRC drivers at the closest terminal..
Still have one driver based in Augusta. Grandfathered in. As they leave Augusta, not being replaced. Plus in the past year started a similar operation in Banger to cover the rest of the state. To Canadian border. Everywhere the moose are

Does New Penn have any terminals in Maine currently ? Their website does not list any terminals in Maine. Do they still cover this state directly ? Hard to keep up with all the changes. Sorry if this is old news.
They cover southern Maine out of Billerica

That is correct, all peddle runs are mixed. Linehaul is seperated. YRC runs mbk to pme. NPME has linehaul drivers domiciled at pme that run to mbk. All city drivers were dovetailed, NP line drivers are new hires working for new penn.

years ago, didnt new penn swap out trailers at the howard johsons-augusta civic center?.... cause they didn't have a terminal that far north for peddle drivers. almost if not a resident driver

years ago, didnt new penn swap out trailers at the howard johsons-augusta civic center?.... cause they didn't have a terminal that far north for peddle drivers. almost if not a resident driver
Linehaul would go to bed and leave the unit for city men to deliver. They would then get up and take the unit back to Billerica.