Maislin

Wow, my old stomping grounds! How cool is this? I'm a little behind and didn't see this till this morning. Maislin was a fantastic job until the last few years before the end (1983). Back in the 1970's until the shut down, they were the most seen units on the New York Thruway. Maislin was the king of international trucking between the US and Canada in the Northeast until deregulation. I was a road driver there in New Jersey (East Rutherford then Kearny) from 1974 till the end. In fact I drove that very tractor (7176) many times. If I'm not mistaken it was the only one with a Cat engine instead of the 290 Cummins which was pretty much standard for Maislin road tractors. Didn't much care for the odd throttle response with the Cat engine as I recall. Lot's of good stories about Maislin as soon as I can get my memory working correctly. :smile new:

PS - Any questions about Maislin, ask away. If I don't know the answer I'll just make something up! :438:
there city units all had power sterrng,i r emember picking up Gleason Works with flat beds for shipments over sea s. They hauled alot of Kodak and Xerox--inbound and outbound. They were a good company to work for. They made $$$ with the border crossing freight. A few of us ended up at yellow and abf after the closure.