Reddaway | major layoff in northwest

wassupp

TB Lurker
Credits
was told today that reddaway is shutting down ther break bulk in medford or thats a pretty big barn they have what will they do with a big barn like that now......

Yes, YRC has a history of milking the smaller companies for there greed and trying to take there freight customers.
Look at there past and it tells the whole story of all the companies it has tryed to destroy.

They keep trying to run regional trucking companies like nationial carriers.
At Reddaway they go 2 day from pickup to deliver times in most freight, not 6 or 8 days.
That is a way of thinking the bean counters can not handle cause at Reddaway they may change plans so quickly and Not sit on it for 6 to 8 days.
Reddaway is a very aggresive well organized company and by getting into nationial freight will hurt them. They are not geared for Nationial freight.
Too bad Yellow got hold of them. I think it will not be pretty.
By the way bigdogpile they were getting paid so much less than Nationial Freight contract that even at not taking 15 or 10% paycut that puts them at equal or almost and they have taken the pension away so it is the same for the same work.
Reddaway makes and breaks alot more cause they are a local carrier. Most there freight does not go 1 or 2 thousand miles so there is much more physical work and they unload at dark terminials by themselfs so freight can be delivered by local drivers and move on to next yard with the rest of the freight still using the same equipment. Their are a aggressive, physical, fast moving company and like I said they work alot more and drive less than Nationial drivers.
This is not a slam against YRC, just Reddaway is a shortline carrier, not a Nationial carrier.

that memo is bs...i work in medford.....we are being told we will lose about 40 people this friday...dockworkers and line drivers...it appears the cutoff point is 19 years senority.

Are Ur Dockworkers the same union as ur linedrivers?
I have seen the memo and would like to see something in writing signed by someone of importance. Do U have anything like that? Pls post if U do.

Just say list at Medford Term and it say they are going to move 15 linedrivers up to Portland from Medford and let them Dovetail into union jobs there. Also.
I do not see how they can do that.
Should be End Tail in. Can only dovetail if they close the termminial down as a whole. That is the way it is written in the contract.
They are not closing the yard down just parts. So that should be endtail.
You have a right to follow the work yes, but to endtail in only since Medford is different Local and they are not closing the whole term down. Read the contract
The rep you have at Medfort excepted the boys from Seattle and they should have endtailled in. Read the contract
He your rep miss led you tell him to read the contract or he is trying to pull a fast one.
Your welcome to come to Portland and follow the work but you are required to endtail in the list to work. It is writing in the contract that way.
I am just the messenger

On a change of operations you DO have the right to follow your work. This is what they are doing and will dovetail in with the freight and work they bring.
Does not matter if it is a different local.
Your biggest problem is with the union and non union barns when YRCW starts to make changes. The barns under contract will at least have a say where the non's will just do what they are told.
Yes YRCW has taken a well oiled machine and stopped changing the oil. In an effort to save money and cut transit times they will throw you out the door and never look back.
Good luck to all your going to need it !

Only if they close the terminial. They are not closing the terminial, just part of it. They are only bring work that was brought by other terminals down south in Cal and Nev.
The work they are generating or not bringing with them is their work that they are keeping and keeping terminial open.
It is written that way for a reason.

Sorry People, ur right and I was wrong it would appear.
They can move people into some of the western Terminials
Hard to beleive I could make a mistake, But I did it would appear.
O SH*#xT, I made a mistake, sorry for give bad info.
Yes closing K Falls and some of the Medford down is the way I read the letter also.