Reddaway | major layoff in northwest

How long now has it been that YRC was suppose to be going out of business. Last time I checked they are still going strong. Must bum a lot of people out. lol!

How long now has it been that YRC was suppose to be going out of business. Last time I checked they are still going strong. Must bum a lot of people out. lol!

I would think to the point of ******* in some cases. Just because they think it's so, it should happen. I marvel at all of the wasted and expended energy by these people trying to influence customers with their predictions. In this amount of time can you imagine what the could have accomplished by trying to better their own company?

I would think to the point of ******* in some cases. Just because they think it's so, it should happen. I marvel at all of the wasted and expended energy by these people trying to influence customers with their predictions. In this amount of time can you imagine what the could have accomplished by trying to better their own company?

Point well taken...

what i wonder is why this yrc dicks dont copy how reddaway did it before a money making machine too many chiefs and not enough indians i guess >>>>and mr. stone u sold out>>>>>>>c ya

Union members get no company match, so we lost our pension contributions but if you are non- union you lost the company match but can still put in your money,

Yep I do. I put in the max and it's before tax and I don't feel it and yeah latter if I live to pull it I know I will feel it then, unless with the SS going under they may make conssions to the tax on 401K's to help on the SS issues so I'm maxed out every year. I have a ten year teamster rapped up to.

Reddaway + YRCW

I was a leadman and when we took the 15 % pay cut they had the nerve to take 15 % of the crappie $5 a day I got to be in charge and then about a year and 1/2 ago I read an article were $ bill says he had too take almost a 10 % cut in pay - he took 9 % and from that point on I resigned from the lead spot and just started to tale more time to do less and F-em every chance I can. If the big $ money guys at the top wont take as much of a hit as us or more why in the hell so I try to keep their job alive. I know mine goes too but I can't work hard knowing I'm giving more then them F-em let it go down the drain with all the others that have millions tied up in this !! HEY YOU GUYS WITH ALL THE MONEY IN THIS YOU WANT IT TO WORK GIVE US MORE AND TAKE LESS FOR A FEW YEARS AND IT WILL WORK OUT OR GO TO COURT!!!!! I'm not alone I think I'm a majority !!!

it's time the real workers and people that keep this thing going be herd !!!

was told today that reddaway is shutting down ther break bulk in medford or thats a pretty big barn they have what will they do with a big barn like that now......
Sell it like every other asset YRC has drained dry

if they would of voted for the pay cut would this still be happening ?
YES. Reddaway has stated many times it does not matter to them if we are union or not.

Yes, YRC has a history of milking the smaller companies for there greed and trying to take there freight customers.
Look at there past and it tells the whole story of all the companies it has tryed to destroy.
You've studied the past well, young Skywalker.

The paycut should not have made a difference cause we at Reddaway were payed so much less than Master Freight for doing the same work. We are now equal or the same. And lost our pension too.
This is a slight sidenote, but others should not have the impression that we get paid less for doing the same work. We have been "utility employees" for decades. YRC acts like they invented something new. I have kicked off more pallets, and hostled more trailers at dark terminals than I care to recall. We worker harder than master freight.:hissyfit:

Are you sure they even still own the barn? most were sold by YRC along time ago to the likes of ESTES and R&L and then leased back to Reddaway I dont believe we own anything any more but a ::shit:: load of debt....thanks YRC

if they would of voted for the pay cut would this still be happening ?

DA! YRC does what they do when they want to! This closing has nothing to do with the vote! But Pebbles will make you think it does! Why? Because Unions are bad for the Bottom Line, and thats all management cares about. They don't want you to retire, they want you to DIE IN THE TRUCK!

I think they should do to Reddaway what they did to Chicago for not being sheep and following the program and force them into the NMFA. What do you think???:1036316054::1036316054:
That's funny.......Representatives have offered multiple times to put the NMFA as an offer on the table, and that it would be endorsed by all locals.
Grumpy, your statement sounds like brer rabbit yelling, "please brer bear don't throw me in the briar patch."

DA! YRC does what they do when they want to! This closing has nothing to do with the vote! But Pebbles will make you think it does! Why? Because Unions are bad for the Bottom Line, and thats all management cares about. They don't want you to retire, they want you to DIE IN THE TRUCK!
AAAAAAMEN

I must admit it was a major lay off. Since there was around 140 people working at the terminal I was at. I was number 90 on the senority list, and was layed off after 13 years. Quess a major lay off is what it was. But, since Yellow purchased Reddaway they have been bleeding it dry. They took our accounts, and was not allowed to compete with Yellow for accounts (as per sales reps) even though we were seperate from Yellow. When I was there we were making money, while Yellow lost it,and they was staying afloat by taking from Reddaway. But, quess that is what the parent company does.