Yellow | Major Meeting In Overland Park This Morning?

Well they fired the big chesse, you would think there would be a meeting or 2, to let every one know not to panic just yet and to continue day to day operations of running the company into the ground.

Industry sources say that execs from YRC Worldwide, ABF Freight System, and R&L Carriers are at this meeting? Anybody got any more info on what's going on at the "Glass House" today?

Industry sources say that execs from YRC Worldwide, ABF Freight System, and R&L Carriers are at this meeting? Anybody got any more info on what's going on at the "Glass House" today?

Word at 309 is that yrc going to buy abf and r& l.

They will announce a merger of all three and will call it CRABFLY.... and we will all live happily ever after.:grouphug:

Doesn't R&L have top top level management from YRC? Nothing would suprise me at this point, it might explain why we haven't heard anything from anybody regarding ABF's contract extension. Last I heard the extension expires Monday Sept 30th and still no word on anything.

Doesn't R&L have top top level management from YRC? Nothing would suprise me at this point, it might explain why we haven't heard anything from anybody regarding ABF's contract extension. Last I heard the extension expires Monday Sept 30th and still no word on anything.
Two weeks ago we have solvency problems. Last week we fire the president. This week we are buying ABF and R&L. So, which is it??? Do we have money, and credit, or don't we???? YRC tried to by ABF at 16 bucks a share they said no. Now ABF stock is 25!!! No way in hell this is going on....imho!!

Here is what needs to happen. Fractional Reserve Banking is risky, for every $100 you have in hard currency, you can loan out $900. This loan is going to have to earn at least 13% interest just to keep up with inflation, add to this that most banks today are multi-national meaning that none of them actually have any real preference if YRC fails or succeeds.

South Dakota has its own banking system. They offer low interest loans to companies to relocate there and any gain they see is actually used to improve their own state. So if you did pay an interest rate of say 18%, this would go toward benefit the state that the bank is owned by. So, roads are improved, schools are improved. This is one of those ideas that we consider new but it really isn't, it is the way banking was done before the Federal Reserve was set up.

Maybe it is time YRC relocate?

Here is what needs to happen. Fractional Reserve Banking is risky, for every $100 you have in hard currency, you can loan out $900. This loan is going to have to earn at least 13% interest just to keep up with inflation, add to this that most banks today are multi-national meaning that none of them actually have any real preference if YRC fails or succeeds.

South Dakota has its own banking system. They offer low interest loans to companies to relocate there and any gain they see is actually used to improve their own state. So if you did pay an interest rate of say 18%, this would go toward benefit the state that the bank is owned by. So, roads are improved, schools are improved. This is one of those ideas that we consider new but it really isn't, it is the way banking was done before the Federal Reserve was set up.

Maybe it is time YRC relocate?

South Dakota to Miami is going to be one heck of a pedal run.................................

Let’s hope they dovetail ABF. I only have enough seniority to get above R&L. And at last I would be able to say “but I have a job!” and mean it. LOL