Making the move to WAL-MART

lost boy

Sail boat captain
Credits
Well gave my notice last week at my old job and I start a week from monday with WAL-MART.

It took a long time to get on here ,I've been applying for two years, but I finally got the call ,went through the interview process and start on the ninth.

The first thing I noticed when I arrived at the DC was that everyone I came in contact with was upbeat and seemingly happy to be there.My old company used to be that way years ago but new managment/ownership changed all of that and now it seems that everyone from the top to the bottom is very unhappy all the time.And life is to short to live like that.

So anyway I don't know if many of the WAL-MART drivers use this forum but I thought I would give a shout out to see if anyone is listening. :shift::Omg_I_gets_present_

Congratulations! I know what you mean about the upbeat attitudes that everyone seemed to have at the DC. Over the last ten years I watched morale at my company sink to an all time low. It is almost unbearable most nights when I arrive at my stores and find everybody on the freight crews in **** poor moods. Nobody likes the milk guy because they have to break from throwing freight to put the milk boards into the cooler. I get it but its getting old and its annoying.

My start to finish with the hiring process took almost 7 years in that time I applied often but only got two interviews. You will find that we are in great company and will be working with the cream of the crop. We start orientation at Apple Valley on the 9Th could it be your one of the other five that will be in my class or are they starting all the new hires on the same date.

Thanks for the congrat's from all of you.

FirefighterDoug I believe we are all going through orientation together. I could be mistaken though.

At any rate I am looking forward to meeting all of my new coworkers and starting this new page in my driving career.

Good luck Guys... Welcome aboard... I have been here 6 years and its is a great place to work... No pressure put on you just relax and enjoy the ride!!!

Well gave my notice last week at my old job and I start a week from monday with WAL-MART.

It took a long time to get on here ,I've been applying for two years, but I finally got the call ,went through the interview process and start on the ninth.

The first thing I noticed when I arrived at the DC was that everyone I came in contact with was upbeat and seemingly happy to be there.My old company used to be that way years ago but new managment/ownership changed all of that and now it seems that everyone from the top to the bottom is very unhappy all the time.And life is to short to live like that.

So anyway I don't know if many of the WAL-MART drivers use this forum but I thought I would give a shout out to see if anyone is listening. :shift::Omg_I_gets_present_

Hey, hows it going so far? I'm really thinking of applying in Apple or Buckeye when they start hiring.

Hey Stoney!!

Well I'm a little more than a month into it and so far so good. In my previous job I was a frieght hauler, so I had to get used to living in a truck for a week at a time.

Walmart has good equipment so I managed to make myself comfortable and got into the grove.

They keep us very busy, which is exactly the way I like it.They send you your next move before you finish the one you are on so there is no wasted time. You are making money the entire time you are away from home, so the week goes by very quickly. They want you to use up your 14 every day you are out.

I remember years ago when I had an OTR job it was hurry up and deliver the load so you can sit and wait for the next one. Not here, now it's hurry up and deliver the load because the next one is ready to go.

You are also staying pretty much in one reginal zone and delivering to the same locations all the time. There are quite a few so it will take me a while to learn all of them. But every day gets a little more familiar.

Bottom line is I am glad I made the move and I wish you the best of luck in getting on here.

Just remember to keep putting in apps!!!

lost boy said:
Hey Stoney!!

Well I'm a little more than a month into it and so far so good. In my previous job I was a frieght hauler, so I had to get used to living in a truck for a week at a time.

Walmart has good equipment so I managed to make myself comfortable and got into the grove.

They keep us very busy, which is exactly the way I like it.They send you your next move before you finish the one you are on so there is no wasted time. You are making money the entire time you are away from home, so the week goes by very quickly. They want you to use up your 14 every day you are out.

I remember years ago when I had an OTR job it was hurry up and deliver the load so you can sit and wait for the next one. Not here, now it's hurry up and deliver the load because the next one is ready to go.

You are also staying pretty much in one reginal zone and delivering to the same locations all the time. There are quite a few so it will take me a while to learn all of them. But every day gets a little more familiar.

Bottom line is I am glad I made the move and I wish you the best of luck in getting on here.

Just remember to keep putting in apps!!!

Thanks for the input Lost Boy. Hows your schedule work? Are you slip seating? And how are checks looking?

You can PM me if you like?

I am currently in the process to get on with Walmart!! I have passed the first interview and road test at the Hopkinsville,KY DC. Now I'm waiting on employment verification from my current employer before proceeding forward. I submitted my application online over two months ago. I'm getting really excited and can't wait to start my new job!! I couldn't believe how positive the environment was at the DC and ALL the drivers were positive and very helpful. Thanks!!

I am currently in the process to get on with Walmart!! I have passed the first interview and road test at the Hopkinsville,KY DC. Now I'm waiting on employment verification from my current employer before proceeding forward. I submitted my application online over two months ago. I'm getting really excited and can't wait to start my new job!! I couldn't believe how positive the environment was at the DC and ALL the drivers were positive and very helpful. Thanks!!

Good luck, I'm still waiting for the DC's close to me to start hiring.

I just found out I have passed background and approved for conditional hire by bentonville. Now I have to wait on local DC to send an email to set up interview(offer of employment).

ccxdriver1999 said:
I just found out I have passed background and approved for conditional hire by bentonville. Now I have to wait on local DC to send an email to set up interview(offer of employment).

That is cool. I just put in an app couple days ago for their Apple Valley, Ca DC

GOOD LUCK DRIVER!!!

Thanks Stoney! I have an offer of employment interview scheduled for next week followed by a drug screen and physical!! I'm getting really excited now!!!

Yes it is.

Let me ask you a question. How is your employment job history? PM me if you like to keep that private. I've only been worn 2 companies since 02. I'm just worried about 01 to 02 I went from Coca Cola in early 02 to a small company till Roadway hired me. But since Roadway I've only worked at Roadway and now ABF since 02.
I'm just worried Wally will look down on my other 2 jobs in 02.