Manchester Township, PA - Tractor trailer gets stuck under overpass

WHA...being a city driver back in the day,myself I don't miss them days at all.
No air-conditioning,no power steering,or air seats.
And when I started in the 60's no hours of service requirements as well.

Now that I've been retired since the last day of March 2008,the only thing I kinda miss is some of my UPS Freight customers,and my co-workers.
2 million miles of playing in traffic over those many years I don't miss at all.

Gee dockboy if your town has so many Semi's hitting that bridge,why wouldn't your DOT shave down the road surface to allow higher trailers to make it under?

There is a bridge in my area that had a lot of Semi's wrecking because of the height issue,and they did shave down the road to accommodate up to 14 foot from 11'6".

its a one way one lane road about a 1/4 mile long and is posted no trucks their is a main road about one block down for trucks to use and it is not feasible to to raise the bridge it is an active rail road tracks and will cost tooo much to tear down and re build and the rail road wont do it

I was a road driver for CF started at 23 in 1978, and just drove from one party to the next. Single and working as much as possible so I was somewhere different every night! No A/c No Power Steering Just chasing the girls down the highway!

Oh key dough key that answer works for me dockboy.
I know in some cases if you can't get under some bridges, it is a long way around to find a way you can make.

They used to let the air out of their tires in Salamanca,NY where I grew up, and back out. But NY always lied by a foot on their bridges, so drivers would crawl under the one on Route 17 and sometimes make it! That was years ago when trailers were 12 foot 6 high!
I remember that bridge

Sad to say, but if I had know I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!
I always said I was never going to grow up either/then CF closed their doors...........But I am still kicking!

I worked as a casual,city & dock of Cornflakes in 1986 Rochester NY.
I had no hope of going on the clock with them so I took a withdrawal from the union and hired on full time with Overnite.
When CF closed their doors I knew all of the guys,and felt really bad for them.
But was very thankful I went to Overnite when I did.

Time marches on,here I am retired since April of 2008 with a 20+ year pension from the Teamsters,& 22 years @ Overnite/UPS Freight.
Yup now I'm an old guy typing my fingers to the bone on message boards.
Like I say I miss the people I delivered to,& worked with,however I don't miss the work.