FedEx Freight | Mandatory Meetings

Layoffs being announced
Or perhaps, some Road bids moving to a 4 day bid, in order to mirror city operations? This, in order to keep everyone working/eating, etc.

:popcorn:

I know, Highly unlikely, but... could provide a temporary solution to a temporary challenge, in certain areas. Pure speculation, but a topic that comes up (on occasion) in certain circles, but never publicly. I'd be curious to see/hear the case against it.

I know, there would be resistance from some, who'd rather see the bottom kicked to the curb. :shrug:

Last edited:
Or perhaps, some Road bids moving to a 4 day bid, in order to mirror city operations? This, in order to keep everyone working/eating, etc.

:popcorn:

I know, Highly unlikely, but... could provide a temporary solution to a temporary challenge, in certain areas. Pure speculation, but a topic that comes up (on occasion) in certain circles, but never publicly. I'd be curious to see/hear the case against it.

I know, there would be resistance from some, who'd rather see the bottom kicked to the curb. :shrug:

I keep getting canceled on Fridays. They move in PT to clean up the dock over the weekend...

The crew at RC &Co, having attended a meeting LAST Wednesday, after hearing a request for senior drivers to volunteer for furloughs in one week blocks......
Were wondering why the don’t switch from a hog board to a wheel board and be done with this yearly angst.

The crew at RC &Co, having attended a meeting LAST Wednesday, after hearing a request for senior drivers to volunteer for furloughs in one week blocks......
Were wondering why the don’t switch from a hog board to a wheel board and be done with this yearly angst.
The thing is it's my understanding the freight is there. It's only down 5% from last year. It's just that with spot rates so low FXF is choosing to run PT for freight than their own drivers.

Granted, this has also contributed to our bottom line and our (supposed) payout in a few weeks.

Quite a conundrum.

The thing is it's my understanding the freight is there. It's only down 5% from last year. It's just that with spot rates so low FXF is choosing to run PT for freight than their own drivers.

Granted, this has also contributed to our bottom line and our (supposed) payout in a few weeks.

Quite a conundrum.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s come to that conclusion. Some of our hubs look like truck stops with how many PTs are there.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s come to that conclusion. Some of our hubs look like truck stops with how many PTs are there.
Frankly, if it means getting our road drivers back to work, I'd give up my semi-annual bonus. Heck, give me a decent number of stock options at a decent strike price that mature over a year and I'd forego my bonus forever. Make me work harder too :)