FedEx Freight | Mandatory Meetings

Our managers have been telling us for weeks there would probably be a bonus but they weren't sure how much. When they found out they told us.

And that was probably about 10 days ago. Some of you work in really :::shit:::ty centers.

If your management figured out a way to tell you a bonus was coming, kudos to them! They got the shaft and are still keeping it classy. Just saying...

So.....had to do the math. $58/month dues multiply by 12 months gives you $696/year. Assume you hit out of pocket of $2000.
That is $2696/year. Divide by 52 weeks and your cost for the "free" insurance is $51.84/week. Still a good deal, no doubt. But not free
I had teamsters ins for years and years . Other then dues the most I ever paid was a $25 co pay for each visit . Dental very rarely paid anything maybe $1-$3 toward a cleaning but rare . Vision $25 co-pay , 1st pair of glasses free , exam free ( minus the co-pay ) 2nd pair of glasses if you wanted them were roughly $125-$180

I love when someone that's already on overtime gets to cover one more swap and someone that started at 10am gets told that they have nothing else for him at 6pm.

Being friends with the evening dispatcher has it's perks:butt kiss:
Way that ::shit:: works round here is dispatcher’s buddy that starts at 8:30 gets off after 8 hours while 6:00 guy stays out doin 8:30 guy’s pickups

Yes , we do it same way , they like anything they can eat too:drama:ya know , free stuff...

IBT isn’t and never was the best option.Plenty of other organizations as options. The best being assist from Fed Ex pilots in forming division for drivers. They know how to deal with Fed Ex and would be willing to help I’m sure.
I tried the pilots back then and they were not interested. All I got was "It's a tough fight, good luck."

He has a point
Road drivers do make more, I r1 , 12-14 hrs a night in the nw, 40 miles out of my barn hanging iron, running ice and snow covered roads. 1/2 the night . Up here it goes on for about six months, losing trucks is fairly common. 2 last week. 1 guy 2 broken ribs and concussion, the others working the dock waiting on his review
I'd much rather work days. Some of our local guys made 95k last year and home every night but nights suit me cause I can't deal with the riff raff running this place, just got my w2 and made 95k working 60-68 HOURS A WEEK

Road drivers do make more, I r1 , 12-14 hrs a night in the nw, 40 miles out of my barn hanging iron, running ice and snow covered roads. 1/2 the night . Up here it goes on for about six months, losing trucks is fairly common. 2 last week. 1 guy 2 broken ribs and concussion, the others working the dock waiting on his review
I'd much rather work days. Some of our local guys made 95k last year and home every night but nights suit me cause I can't deal with the riff raff running this place, just got my w2 and made 95k working 60-68 HOURS A WEEK
Hourly with time and a half would be 175 grand , sorry buddy

Maybe round yer part of the world... round here that aint always the case. Git a peddle hand with a long run he might do more miles than some of the linehaul guys we got

I can sure appreciate what some linehaul guy's have to go through. on the other hand a lot of us city guy's have 200 plus mile day's running in that same hyw ice and snow. not to mention having to back up one of those dog automatics on some unplowed side road with a half empty 48' trailer in somebodies driveway. then pressed to get everything off by 2. we all have our cross to bear.