Martin Brower Driver Considering Sysco NTX

mlang216

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey fellas first post here.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on this location. I'm looking at them because I want to rid myself of the team driving lifestyle. Anyone have any info on schedule, pay, or whether I should hold off until merger is approved?

I worked at Martin Brower for 4 months and it sucked. No life but good money. Guys here can help with sysco. Not a fan of that place but every warehouse is different

If they're hiring now I wouldn't wait until after the merger. If the merger's approved and the US drivers in the area are moved over and don't quit they may not need help...and if you get on now and they don't dove-tail seniority you'll have people underneath you.

Don't know anything about that particular warehouse. Every location is different, some good, some bad, some in between depending on management. Same with schedule...some have more key drops and start way earlier than everyone else. Ex: I used to know a guy who worked in Lincoln, NE and most of there routes were out by 2:30am. In KC except for about 4 routes (and shuttles) we start anywhere from 4-5:30. Pay...again, depends on location. Most houses are activity based but they have control over what each component pays...some pay better than others.
Best bet is find a truck and chat up the driver to see what he thinks.

A few trucks, in case the first one he finds is the one guy who is always complaining about everything.

Very good advice, listen to Ted mlang, we have some guys that would complain if you left them home 40 hrs a week and paid them for 80, they would gripe that they weren't paid 81 hrs. This is a good job, to me its very rewarding, I like leaving the customer in better shape than when I arrived, I'm usually successful, its a challenge I like to take on.

Thanks for your replies gentlemen. I'll do the old "find a truck routine." Just did it to a QT driver here and they seem to be well off. I'm interested in Sysco and they're not hard to find. I believe Martin-Brower has taught me I like to be home every night, if only for a short time and exhausted as well. Although I must admit, MB pays very well here in DFW.

Didn't realize Sysco N Texas=Dallas. We had a driver move down there a couple of years ago, last I heard ( about a year back) he was still there and happy. From what he said they're one of the houses that runs a lot of lift gates.

Didn't realize Sysco N Texas=Dallas. We had a driver move down there a couple of years ago, last I heard ( about a year back) he was still there and happy. From what he said they're one of the houses that runs a lot of lift gates.

They are non-union though, I really don't think I could work for Sysco without a union and that backing.

Not many unions around here. Coca cola just avoided unionizing by offering hourly pay, and Pepsi is very close to going to a vote. Won't happen though, people around here will cave at the first pay raise haha.

Have you thought about transfer to a Reinhart foodservice. Don't know if they are down in your area or not.

I think they just moved down here. They're out of Garland which is outside of Dallas. Is that who you work for? I know we are employed by the same parent company. Martin Brower is about as easy as it gets with lift gate only and all on 4 wheel carts. Schedule is just terrible haha.

I think they just moved down here. They're out of Garland which is outside of Dallas. Is that who you work for? I know we are employed by the same parent company. Martin Brower is about as easy as it gets with lift gate only and all on 4 wheel carts. Schedule is just terrible haha.

Yes that is who I work for. Yes Martin Brower has a mess up schedule.. lol