New Penn | Maspeth featuring The 3 Stooges

OnPoint44

TB Lurker
Credits
The headline read correctly. usually when discussing a stooge at the workplace, it's usually about someone in management. a dumb dispatcher, a know-it-all dock supervisor, or a stubborn TM. this isn't the case in Maspeth. as a driver, you can work with a dispatcher on his cluelessness. you can ignore a dock supervisor and speak to his boss. you can also reason with a TM with the right approach. all this stuff is fairly easy to do. what's not easy to do is trying to figure why a fellow driver, well drivers in this case, decides on being stooges.

since the pandemic began us in Maspeth have followed all health & safety protocols the company has put in place. occasionally you'll have a guy or two not have a mask on in the yard. sometimes they'll even walk into the driver's room without one on. they might be eating, drinking a coffee, talking on a cell phone, etc. There are even some a-holes who just refuse to wear one. Once pointed out, their mask goes on. apparently that's not good enough for 2 drivers.

These 2 overreact and embellish what's really going on to another driver who's sitting at home collecting compensation. the driver at home, who dislikes our shop steward and BA for unknown reasons, proceeds to call OSHA and give them a false report of dock workers & drivers not following protocols. from my recollection, he has called OSHA 3 times but i can bet it's more. this type of stuff usually happens at non-union work places but here we are. it was discovered recently that the driver at home had this odd idea of trying to take over as shop steward. word got around and people laughed at him. i guess that bothered him enough to act like a man with lady parts with the other 2 stooges in tow. what some choose to do to possibly harm their co-workers simply amazes me. OSHA has no business being called to a union shop by a union member to report on other union members. that's cowardly, IMO. why give a state/government agency any insight on your job? who does that benefit ? most drivers by now know who was behind these incidents and have kept their distances from them, for the most part anyway. most of the newer drivers haven't a clue as to what occurred so at times you'll see them chatting it up with the stooges. eventually those drivers, as we did, will see right thru them.

The headline read correctly. usually when discussing a stooge at the workplace, it's usually about someone in management. a dumb dispatcher, a know-it-all dock supervisor, or a stubborn TM. this isn't the case in Maspeth. as a driver, you can work with a dispatcher on his cluelessness. you can ignore a dock supervisor and speak to his boss. you can also reason with a TM with the right approach. all this stuff is fairly easy to do. what's not easy to do is trying to figure why a fellow driver, well drivers in this case, decides on being stooges.

since the pandemic began us in Maspeth have followed all health & safety protocols the company has put in place. occasionally you'll have a guy or two not have a mask on in the yard. sometimes they'll even walk into the driver's room without one on. they might be eating, drinking a coffee, talking on a cell phone, etc. There are even some a-holes who just refuse to wear one. Once pointed out, their mask goes on. apparently that's not good enough for 2 drivers.

These 2 overreact and embellish what's really going on to another driver who's sitting at home collecting compensation. the driver at home, who dislikes our shop steward and BA for unknown reasons, proceeds to call OSHA and give them a false report of dock workers & drivers not following protocols. from my recollection, he has called OSHA 3 times but i can bet it's more. this type of stuff usually happens at non-union work places but here we are. it was discovered recently that the driver at home had this odd idea of trying to take over as shop steward. word got around and people laughed at him. i guess that bothered him enough to act like a man with lady parts with the other 2 stooges in tow. what some choose to do to possibly harm their co-workers simply amazes me. OSHA has no business being called to a union shop by a union member to report on other union members. that's cowardly, IMO. why give a state/government agency any insight on your job? who does that benefit ? most drivers by now know who was behind these incidents and have kept their distances from them, for the most part anyway. most of the newer drivers haven't a clue as to what occurred so at times you'll see them chatting it up with the stooges. eventually those drivers, as we did, will see right thru them.
Could there be grounds to bring charges against your stooge?

Couple of Yellow execs paid us a visit for their annual pep talk/ass kissing meeting. They discussed the mask issue but were brief on it. Never mentioned the OSHA issue. Honestly they don't really care too much about it, IMO. Two of the three guys were there but didn't say much other than sarcastically asking whether the execs can physically show people how to properly wear a mask. Guess he wants folks to be like him, wearing surgical gloves & double masks. He should've asked if management would spring for a NASA suit

My answer is like the one I gave my dispatcher when he asked me how I knew I would be sick 13 hours in advance of my start time. I told him 'I am psychic'. He knew I was going camping that weekend & knew I would mark off for a 4 day weekend. One thing was achieved from that conversation. He never asked me again why I marked off so early. von.

My answer is like the one I gave my dispatcher when he asked me how I knew I would be sick 13 hours in advance of my start time. I told him 'I am psychic'. He knew I was going camping that weekend & knew I would mark off for a 4 day weekend. One thing was achieved from that conversation. He never asked me again why I marked off so early. von.
I occasionally had to remind my supervisors that they could not stop me from doing something I wanted to do, or force me to do something I didn't want to do. They could only punish me for doing it or not doing it as the case may be.

a little update on the 3 Stooges. they are now known as the 3 Karens. these 3 run to management, HR, and even told a couple of dockmen, who are ILA, to either slow down or just stop working. Maspeth is not a combo barn. now before you go assuming that these 3 are new workers, they're not. all 3 have over 10yrs on the job. they are a total embarrassment as dues-paying union men. I have 25 yrs between 2 union jobs and have never seen men act this way. good thing most guys on the job don't bother with them. they are truly the cancer of Maspeth

We once had a problem with a dock worker that liked to pee off the edge of the dock between the trailers. He was too lazy to walk up to the bathroom. One day a fellow rank and file walked up to him while he was taking a leak and touched him on his back and said if he ever caught him doing that again he wouldn't just touch him he'd push him right off the end of the dock. Needless to say that problem went away. There's ways to solve all kinds of problems it's just how you go about it.

We once had a problem with a dock worker that liked to pee off the edge of the dock between the trailers. He was too lazy to walk up to the bathroom. One day a fellow rank and file walked up to him while he was taking a leak and touched him on his back and said if he ever caught him doing that again he wouldn't just touch him he'd push him right off the end of the dock. Needless to say that problem went away. There's ways to solve all kinds of problems it's just how you go about it.
lol....i wish we had that type of problem. the 3 Karens make sure to watch their steps when doing dumb crap as all 3 are pros at crying about everything. everyone, from the TM to dockworkers to drivers knows about them and their tactics. we all watch them closely. they can no longer play dumb