ADuiePyle | maspeth

It really wouldn't make sense for pyle to evict them from the terminal if they were paying their rent. Pyle's building a terminal in the Bronx that should be ready next year the last we heard. Why evict a paying tenant when your going to have your own facility close by? Evicting a nonpaying tenant sounds like what any prudent property owner would do doesn't it.
Ground not broken yet, city order pyle to put in a stop sign tjat

80ZYNts.jpg
That's some pretty fancy toilet paper Pyle is handing out.

Don't call the police on me now, it's just my opinion.

Good luck NP you definitely won't be doing business out of that Maspeth terminal.
You are awful arrogant for a guys that pays out his butt for benefits and has no rights in the workplace. We aren't moving and Pyle knows it. Just hired two Pyle drivers today because they want free benefits. Remember when you are older and do one thing wrong and they can you. Don't knock on our door the. We want men that speak for themselves. Keep making somebody else rich and think one day he'll pay it back. Now that's funny.

You are awful arrogant for a guys that pays out his butt for benefits and has no rights in the workplace. We aren't moving and Pyle knows it. Just hired two Pyle drivers today because they want free benefits. Remember when you are older and do one thing wrong and they can you. Don't knock on our door the. We want men that speak for themselves. Keep making somebody else rich and think one day he'll pay it back. Now that's funny.
I think both of you should stop being arrogant. Your 15% giveback is going for something. Your paying for your benefits now one way or another. There's plenty of former YRC guys here and I'm sure there's plenty of former Pyle guys over at YRC. When I moved back to NY state I talked to a couple of NP drivers and they all told me to stay away. There would be nothing left for me in the retirement fund in 30 years when I'm eligible to collect. In my opinion drivers should stop beating each other down union or non.

It's a section in Queens, next to Brooklyn.
OK, now I see where it's located. I have a question, one I've always had...where exactly does LI begin? Personally I always felt that it was right on the other side of the Kamakasi Bridge. :shrug:

I think both of you should stop being arrogant. Your 15% giveback is going for something. Your paying for your benefits now one way or another. There's plenty of former YRC guys here and I'm sure there's plenty of former Pyle guys over at YRC. When I moved back to NY state I talked to a couple of NP drivers and they all told me to stay away. There would be nothing left for me in the retirement fund in 30 years when I'm eligible to collect. In my opinion drivers should stop beating each other down union or non.
I have to agree with both of you and it is a shame what our industry has become. NP once was the pride of the industry. "The premier freight carrier in the country", as one company owner (and not NP's either) told me. Now ragged and tagged by the YRC destruction crew. Pyle on the other hand seems to be a well run company at this point. Good equipment, good equipment replacement program and happy drivers. Not enjoying the benefits that we still do to the extent that we do at ABF, which are not what they used to be. I find it hard to believe that either Pyle or YRC drivers from any subsidiary are jumping ship to the other. And someone seems to have struck sore spot with the oriolefan who has come to NP's rescue on this. All I can do is sit on the sidelines and see how it plays out.

I do know a little more about the whole party than most people do. There is a little known big player by the name of Steve. Those who know know and those who don't don't. WTH happened with him? Once a big shot at the green machine and ended up at ADP. :shrug: That's treason I say, pure treason. Fire up the gallows!!!!! While I know little about the specifics on the move I sense a bit of contention and animosity there. And now there seems to be a bit of a vendetta...vindictiveness about it. I do believe he is gone to a happy and wealthy retirement but it feels like his essence lingers on.

:soapbox: That's it for now.

OK, now I see where it's located. I have a question, one I've always had...where exactly does LI begin? Personally I always felt that it was right on the other side of the Kamakasi Bridge. :shrug:
Negative, Nassau County, LI starts @ exit 32 on the LIE I-495, speed limit on all the Interstates in the 5 Boro's is 50 mph. As soon as you cross into LI. it goes to 55 mph.

Remember it was YRC Corp who sold off the terminals(YRC, New Penn, Holland & Redaway's) to who ever would buy them, YRC said they needed to raise cash. Most LTL companies bought some and a lot of real estate companies bought them also. Its no different than if you lease a apartment, there are rules in the lease that must be met(rent, bldg. conditions) and if you don't keep up on those conditions landlords take action. This has nothing to do with the workers from either company, its business. As for Okane, he left NP long b/4 the YRC mess because he probably saw something coming.

okane left after seeing how yrc was trying to turn us into long haul interline carrier for the regionals while yellow and roadway went around trying to steal our next day north east freight and we were told nothing we could do about it. yea he saw the writing on the wall very early on .im sure there was other stuff happening yrc trying to control anything and everything we did. okane had been groomed for years to takeover and run npme after the ken leedy days ended.yrc was still a mess when he left just not as big of a mess as it turned out to be.

okane left after seeing how yrc was trying to turn us into long haul interline carrier for the regionals while yellow and roadway went around trying to steal our next day north east freight and we were told nothing we could do about it. yea he saw the writing on the wall very early on .im sure there was other stuff happening yrc trying to control anything and everything we did. okane had been groomed for years to takeover and run npme after the ken leedy days ended.yrc was still a mess when he left just not as big of a mess as it turned out to be.
That sounds logical. And then to take his experience and expertise to ADP would make a good fit. And it looks like it worked well for them.

That sounds logical. And then to take his experience and expertise to ADP would make a good fit. And it looks like it worked well for them.

It would be tough to find a single DRIVER in this company who was sad to see him leave Pyle. He was a total buffoon in the eyes of many.

It would be tough to find a single DRIVER in this company who was sad to see him leave Pyle. He was a total buffoon in the eyes of many.
He made the company a lot of money, we may not have agreed on some of the freight he brought with him, what we called S*** freight he called less desirable freight! never the less the company was able to sustain in rough time when most company's were giving back 10-15 pct Pyle just froze wages. O'kane even though retired still sits on the board of ADP.

New penn has a 30 year lease and Pyle is going to lose. They gave new penn a long term lease thinking YRC was going under. Since that didn't happen they want to find a way out of the lease. new penn will be in Maspeth. No rent payment was ever missed or even late so NP is not in default. Why you guys believe trucking boards is beyond me. You are better off getting your info from the funny pages.

This is from our new corp guy WS over in the Palace. He has the inside word for all to bye into!

Regardless of what the reason for this is or which company's management initiated it or which is right I don't see the need for the letter implying that drivers would pull pins or otherwise look to harm each other. Just my opinion but it shows what they think of us. Message to management .....The employees of both company's are a little more civil than you think !

Regardless of what the reason for this is or which company's management initiated it or which is right I don't see the need for the letter implying that drivers would pull pins or otherwise look to harm each other. Just my opinion but it shows what they think of us. Message to management .....The employees of both company's are a little more civil than you think !

New Penn drivers are some of the most courteous on the road, in my opinion. Also very helpful on the CB as well.

He made the company a lot of money, we may not have agreed on some of the freight he brought with him, what we called S*** freight he called less desirable freight! never the less the company was able to sustain in rough time when most company's were giving back 10-15 pct Pyle just froze wages. O'kane even though retired still sits on the board of ADP.

And now we're replacing all those single axles he brought in with twin screws again on line haul.