Massive rail strike next week could deal another blow to America's economy

I really hope I can do 2 peddle runs/day with 53's and they let me take lots of load bars and I go to pickups who will load skids up on them so I can bring a whole lot back.
That will be great!!!!
We couldn't if we wanted to. We don't have the manpower. This TM is responsible for 7 men quitting in the past two years. 2 men on vacation this week = no extra men. TM is a numbers guy

We couldn't if we wanted to. We don't have the manpower. This TM is responsible for 7 men quitting in the past two years. 2 men on vacation this week = no extra men. TM is a numbers guy
If it's the same guy he never should've stayed after here.
Does not play well with others.
....,....and takes too long to say a word on the phone.
If he pauses for 10 minutes tell everybody to hang up and do what they'd normally do. Tell him to call back when he makes up his mind which might be another 20 minutes.

Yellow in charge during a rail strike.
What could possibly go wrong?

He doesn't care. Senior guys are more expensive. He just wants guys gone and then expects everybody to work 12-14 hours every day and nobody wants it.
He's a troublemaker.
We still had some very verbal senior guys here when he was here. And they probably helped with his job offer to you.

He doesn't care. Senior guys are more expensive. He just wants guys gone and then expects everybody to work 12-14 hours every day and nobody wants it.
He's a troublemaker.
We still had some very verbal senior guys here when he was here. And they probably helped with his job offer to you.

Many of our guys punch out on their 8. He emaciated the terminal.

Many of our guys punch out on their 8. He emaciated the terminal.
He has that effect on people.
He pissed off just about everybody here.
Even the nicest senior hardworking New Penn guys.
They should put a wooden shed next to that trailer in Maine and let him run that terminal. If it's still there.
Then he could only **** himself off.

They could offer us 15% off Amtrak fares
I picked up at a 30 year shipper today.
I picked up freight for Yellow.
He said he has a lot of small customers that he ships to which only allow him to ship New Penn.
He doesn't know what he's gonna do when it goes totally Yellow.
He says he gets damaged freight all the time from them.
It's not the guys.
It's their system.
Fitting as much as you can in a trailer isn't the way.

This probably could've been a golden opportunity to actually do something which would have improved respect and possibly built numbers.
But once again....our benefits of union membership are given away to the Democrat Party.
They don't want a bad economy, so our members must suffer....and probably will get nothing in the end.
It's a real shame.
The game must change.
This ain't working

"What did we get? Nothing. The union reps accepted it anyway without our approval. After being deemed “essential” when convenient during a global pandemic, I lost workmates and friends. Workers lost loved ones. We were put into a situation where we were exposing each other and our families to this deadly virus. People were denied using vacation days if they had to quarantine, a quarantine which was demanded by the companies. All while record profits were being made by the fat cat CEOs. We were never compensated with a bonus or hazard pay, like so many workers in other industries.

Today we got the news that the machinists’ union voted no on the tentative agreement and yes to the strike. However, the District 19 president included in his notification that “out of respect for the other unions we will postpone our strike until the 29th of September,” once again making a unilateral decision that the workers had not agreed upon.

We voted to strike. We voted to strike at 12:01 a.m. on the 16th of September, the end of the cooling off period. For contract after contract, we’ve taken concessions in pay and benefits. We risk our health and our lives every single day. Our families have to make sacrifices that most families don’t endure: rescheduling holidays, birthdays, family gatherings, funerals, etc. These are all reasons why I joined the rank-and-file committee. To get organized, to ensure our democratic right to vote—and have those votes honored, not determined by 60 people in the Senate hell-bent on stripping those rights away—abolishing the RLA [Railway Labor Act] that cripples our right to strike, getting rid of the bureaucracy and the union apparatus, and bringing the power back to the rank and file.

Brothers and sisters, I call on every one of you: Please, join us in solidarity, in this united front, in opposition to the corrupt relationship between the government, the railroad carriers and the top officials of the unions."

This probably could've been a golden opportunity to actually do something which would have improved respect and possibly built numbers.
But once again....our benefits of union membership are given away to the Democrat Party.
They don't want a bad economy, so our members must suffer....and probably will get nothing in the end.
It's a real shame.
The game must change.
This ain't working

"What did we get? Nothing. The union reps accepted it anyway without our approval. After being deemed “essential” when convenient during a global pandemic, I lost workmates and friends. Workers lost loved ones. We were put into a situation where we were exposing each other and our families to this deadly virus. People were denied using vacation days if they had to quarantine, a quarantine which was demanded by the companies. All while record profits were being made by the fat cat CEOs. We were never compensated with a bonus or hazard pay, like so many workers in other
We voted to strike. We voted to strike at 12:01 a.m. on the 16th of September, the end of the cooling off period. For contract after contract, we’ve taken concessions in pay and benefits. We risk our health and our lives every single day. Our families have to make sacrifices that most families don’t endure: rescheduling holidays, birthdays, family gatherings, funerals, etc. These are all reasons why I joined the rank-and-file committee. To get organized, to ensure our democratic right to vote—and have those votes honored, not determined by 60 people in the Senate hell-bent on stripping those rights away—abolishing the RLA [Railway Labor Act] that cripples our right to strike, getting rid of the bureaucracy and the union apparatus, and bringing the power back to the rank and file.

Brothers and sisters, I call on every one of you: Please, join us in solidarity, in this united front, in opposition to the corrupt relationship between the government, the railroad carriers and the top officials of the unions."
Always been my issue with the IBT. Not much more than another group of managers telling me what’s good for me. But I agree with Triplex, members need to be more involved. In the workplace and at the hall. Solidarity is the key and it seems as outdated as chivalry, honesty; morality in general.

And, correct me if I’m wrong, medical & transportation jobs struggle to maintain full staffs.
That's a big reason for the shortages imo.
Life is to live....not just work.
Yet so many are convinced that we owe our jobs every minute of every day.
And since contracts allow it......slim chance of changing it.

This business will do just about everything and give just about every minute.....and guys just say....that's the way it is...if you don't like it leave.
Stupid.
You figure you want to further your people or society.
You want to marry and have kids and be there sometimes.
Nope the business has convinced us all that we should all REALLY desire to live to make move freight.
Pretty dumb imo.
But we all do it.