MD.Fatal trucker Semi plunged off bridge.

Does anyone want to bet on the initial cause of this accident??? I will keep my opinion to myself, but considering the persons involved, my opinion is very bias.

The report says that there was two way traffic on that side of the bridge.My guess would be by looking at the skid marks that somebody was coming at him in the wrong lane and he tried to avoid them.My thoughts go out to the family of the driver.

Nogood if you want your more than welcome to say what you think as long as you keep it clean.

The thing I noticed was how this semi was floating in the water.
It was mostly under the water but it was bobbing around in the water current.
I see in this lates report they got the pin lock released to seperate the tractor from the trailer.
Then I see the trailer had either floated way,or they may have towed it away with a boat?

But then again if this unit was able to float they could use a boat to pull both units to the shore line,then winch them up form there if the banks were not to steep.

I just found a report on the crash clean-up.
http://www.nbc4.com/traffic/17154975/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Yes my prayer does go out to this drivers loved ones,friends,and co-workers,that the healling of this loss will help everyone rememember the times when he was still with all of them.

It is my bias opinon that some 4-wheeler got impatient or disattracted and veered towards the truck and the truck driver took evasive action and it cost him his life. But we will never know, the authorities will place all the blame on the dead truck driver. Did you notice that one of the other drivers was a 19 year old girl, well I could write a book on this.

Just watched channel 5 out of DC and they have reported that the 19 year old female caused this accident. She was coming back from a party! Probably drunk!!

Nogood I think your handle should be changed to Verygood.
Thanks again for all of your contributions to this Maryland Bridge fatal trucker crash.

A 19 year old girl still remains in the hospital,in a phone interview she has admitted falling asleep at the steering wheel at the time of this crash.
This will be the last report of this that I am going to post,as this sounds to me like the end of the story.

Its a real shame this trucker was killed because this young girl didn't have enough sense to stay at the party she was at,and get in some much needed rest,before she attempted to head for her home on the other side of the bridge.

Police: Driver Fatigue May Have Caused Bay Bridge Crash - News Story - WRC | Washington

Myself, being a FORMER Drunk Driver (Class C License only with 6 convictions since '78), I say "Serves her Right for she served herself wrong".
There might be a way to prosecute some (one) at the party where from she came, yet the initial responsibility lies upon her and her life shall be miserable from 8/10/08 on.
She deserves NO PITY at all for HER CHOICE.:thumbsdown::furious:

The Truck Driver was a Full Time Dispatcher as well as a Part Time Driver.:sadwavey:

We all know this never had to happen,and it only did because of a young girls poor choice.
But it did happen the only thing we can do now is to move on,and stat focused on what everbody is doing on the highways we are driving our vehicles on.

When I first strated driving Semi's for a living,I had a safety trainer tell me,I'm like a doctor,and people driving that are not professional drivers have no clue what happens with heavy trucks around them.
So I not only had to watch what I was doing,but I had to watch them as well.
He said being a professional driver I had to give them all the help I could to keep everybody safe.

That was many years ago,but his advice always stayed with me.

I am so saddened by this accident. It appears this driver swerved to try and prevent injuring someone else causing his own death. I myself do not like driving that bridge in a car much less a truck especially when it is serving both directions. Something needs to be done to make it safe for both cars and trucks. My heart aches for his family and hope they find some sort of solice that most feel their loved one was a hero.
Jus

washingtonpost.com

This on-line internet news report is going all the way across North America with a lot of news services posting it.
There are around 650 news stations reporting this article about how the authorities are looking into this truckers activities that lead up to his death.

I ask once again,why can't they just leave this guy alone,after all if he hadn't given his own life by going in the bay,he could have stayed straight on the bridge,maybe taking the lives of everone that were in the cars.

Gee wiz let this poor guy rest in peace.

Everyone would have been fine had the young girl not veered into his lane. How can that possibly be his fault? He didn't have many options and but paid a heavy price to avoid killing others. I agree, maybe he should have done the same thing he would have done if it were a deer, hit it.
Jus

The only reason I can see for the Maryland authorities to make it this truckers fault.
Is that his trucking company would be responsible for the clean up.

Whenever theres a professional commercial driver involved in any crash, reguardless if it was their fault,or not the insurance companies try to find a way to pin all of the costs on the trucking companies.

Don't you know,this is the American way,to fault the ones, people feel have the deepest pockets!