Me And My Water Heater

I have considered going to a tankless if and when the one I currently use fails. I have good well water & the first one here lasted 25 years. I don't have natural gas so electric is my only option. Friends have an outdoor wood furnace that heats their house & water. I heat with wood but I think I don't have enough wood cutting years ahead to justify buying the outdoor furnace at this point in my life.

I sent Jeff the same link

https://www.amazon.com/Rheem-RTE-13...in-20&linkId=c9d1e006464ba0d46e15a5f3b069407b

I have considered going to a tankless if and when the one I currently use fails. I have good well water & the first one here lasted 25 years. I don't have natural gas so electric is my only option. Friends have an outdoor wood furnace that heats their house & water. I heat with wood but I think I don't have enough wood cutting years ahead to justify buying the outdoor furnace at this point in my life.

My brother plumbed his hot water to circulate continuously with a small 1.5 amp pump.
You won't have quite the savings on electricity, as the tankless, but have instant hot water.

As I've always said......"We're Truck Drivers.....We can do anything.........Not Well,... but we can do anything..."

Since I've retired,.....my daughter and son-in-law have had me build them a deck,...I've remodeled the kitchen,.....scared the daylights out of my wife, installing windows in the second story,...on borrowed scaffolding...
Ran wiring for my son's swimming pool,.....Put new shocks on my other son's pickup.....

Yup,....We can do Anything,....Just don't ask for a warranty on the "labor"......

As I've always said......"We're Truck Drivers.....We can do anything.........Not Well,... but we can do anything..."

Since I've retired,.....my daughter and son-in-law have had me build them a deck,...I've remodeled the kitchen,.....scared the daylights out of my wife, installing windows in the second story,...on borrowed scaffolding...
Ran wiring for my son's swimming pool,.....Put new shocks on my other son's pickup.....

Yup,....We can do Anything,....Just don't ask for a warranty on the "labor"......
even though i am very limited now by my situation, i too have long found that i am busier than when i had a real job. all small things, that do not require heavy lifting of torquing on some nuts/bolts, but all the more busy.

retirement sucks, either forced or voluntary.

we should revolt..!!!!!!!!!

When you said you wired the pool then shocked your son..... I had to reread... lol

Seems with age fixing stuff is easier because I have a clearer mind to figure out how it works.

Last week, I replaced the water pump and 2 brake lines, bled the brakes on my PU, thought for a min. about calling 911 to help me get off my creeper.

even though i am very limited now by my situation, i too have long found that i am busier than when i had a real job. all small things, that do not require heavy lifting of torquing on some nuts/bolts, but all the more busy.

We are Revolting.......Ahh,....wait,....that didn't come out right......

Man, you're doing it wrong, retirement is fantastic, as I've posted bfore, I can go all day long, doing absolutely
nothing and never know when I've finished.

Man, you're doing it wrong, retirement is fantastic, as I've posted bfore, I can go all day long, doing absolutely
nothing and never know when I've finished.
i find it beneficial to take naps.....early morning naps, late morning naps, early afternoon naps, late afternoon naps, early evening naps, late evening naps, then off to bed.....

tires me right out...!!!!!!!

but seriously, i got more to do (but am limited), than when i was working.....

i honestly DID look forward to retiring at abut 62, turn in my CDL, and THEN get to work on all the crap that needs to be done. so now, all i can do is pace myself and tackle what i can handle, and wait till the weekends for my dumb-ass bro-in-law to give me a helping hand, after he biotches to my sister, why he has to help

do you think i should raise thier rent to "going rate standards" and charge them $1,200 per month, or stay at $700 per month...

heat, hot water, gas, electric, are not included, but they do have free laundry room, and parking for thier 2 cars, and a part of the garden.....

some apartments in my hood alone, are at .....wait for it....$2,300 monthly, or as low as....$900.........but i cannot say what is/is not included in those rents.

i find it beneficial to take naps.....early morning naps, late morning naps, early afternoon naps, late afternoon naps, early evening naps, late evening naps, then off to bed.....

i honestly DID look forward to retiring at abut 62, turn in my CDL, and THEN get to work on all the crap that needs to be done. so now, all i can do is pace myself and tackle what i can handle, and wait till the weekends for my dumb-ass bro-in-law to give me a helping hand, after he biotches to my sister, why he has to help

do you think i should raise thier rent to "going rate standards" and charge them $1,200 per month, or stay at $700 per month...

heat, hot water, gas, electric, are not included, but they do have free laundry room, and parking for thier 2 cars, and a part of the garden.....

some apartments in my hood alone, are at .....wait for it....$2,300 monthly, or as low as....$900.........but i cannot say what is/is not included in those rents.
Oh ....you'll stay a nice guy.

Not getting involved in family decisions, but don't you think if you raised bro in laws rent, you're putting an extra burden on your sister?

Not getting involved in family decisions, but don't you think if you raised bro in laws rent, you're putting an extra burden on your sister?
well the thing is, house taxes go up every year, home insurance goes up every year, and here i am on disability....

where does the extra monies come from..??

i got my stuff too, my car, my cable, my health insurance, my car insurance, the water bill, the sewer bill, my food, etc,etc....medicare takes out an automatic $135. from my disability check each month..when (and if) i settle my workmans comp case, then i get my full disability checks, but the weekly w/c checks will stop.

i cannot absorb all this extra, and let them live at a low rent forever.

the rent i charge them now, is only $100 more that what they were paying, but still at the very least 500 to 600 lower than the rental averages.

this is yet another in the reasons why i hated that i got hurt and put on disability

i was actually going to raise it up $200 more, but held back at the 100.

it's not easy owning a 3 family house. it's not as cheap to own or maintain like a single family home is...everything is multiplied by 3.....

well the thing is, house taxes go up every year, home insurance goes up every year, and here i am on disability....

where does the extra monies come from..??

i got my stuff too, my car, my cable, my health insurance, my car insurance, the water bill, the sewer bill, my food, etc,etc....medicare takes out an automatic $135. from my disability check each month..when (and if) i settle my workmans comp case, then i get my full disability checks, but the weekly w/c checks will stop.

i cannot absorb all this extra, and let them live at a low rent forever.

the rent i charge them now, is only $100 more that what they were paying, but still at the very least 500 to 600 lower than the rental averages.

this is yet another in the reasons why i hated that i got hurt and put on disability

i was actually going to raise it up $200 more, but held back at the 100.

it's not easy owning a 3 family house. it's not as cheap to own or maintain like a single family home is...everything is multiplied by 3.....
Yep, you have to do what fits your situtation.

Yep, you have to do what fits your situtation.
sadly, yes...it killed me to raise thier rent, they moved in october of 2007, i did a quick clean up, painting, wallpapering, new (never had a stand alone) water heater, new electrical outlets, 2 new ceiling fans, then in 2009, new gas heating system one for them, one for mom/dad's apartment....so from 2007 till this month..same rent.....

sadly, yes...it killed me to raise thier rent, they moved in october of 2007, i did a quick clean up, painting, wallpapering, new (never had a stand alone) water heater, new electrical outlets, 2 new ceiling fans, then in 2009, new gas heating system one for them, one for mom/dad's apartment....so from 2007 till this month..same rent.....

Ahh, well......Always take care of family......even if you’re unappreciated at the time....

You’ll score Big Points in the Good Book.....