Meanwhile in Russia : Tractor Trailer Driving Up River

I know that seeing is believing but I am having trouble believing.

What a moron. I've seen lots of video from Russia showing stupid stuff that those drivers do, but that takes the cake.

How can that driver even see where he is going?

What a moron. I've seen lots of video from Russia showing stupid stuff that those drivers do, but that takes the cake.

How can that driver even see where he is going?
Yea, and where's his snorkel at?

A driver for my employer tried that in a flash flood. He tried to go through water that was headlight high. The air intake was just above the headlights. An internal combustion engine cannot compress water.

An internal combustion engine cannot compress water.

That's right.

When the 3rd gen Camaro came out they had a hood on some models that had a flap to let cooler air in when the throttle was mashed down hard. Trouble was, when the car was sitting and it rained or the owner washed it, water would leak through and get into the intake.

Then, the next time the engine was cranked over the water was drawn in, and on the compression stroke the pistons would hydraulic the heads right off the deck of the block.

Chevrolet bought a lot of engines for those cars, and also had a huge recall to fix the leaky air intake issue.

Fake , photoshop, or it was parked in a place that got flooded & nobody is in the cab as it is full of water !!! DUH

That's right.

When the 3rd gen Camaro came out they had a hood on some models that had a flap to let cooler air in when the throttle was mashed down hard. Trouble was, when the car was sitting and it rained or the owner washed it, water would leak through and get into the intake.

Then, the next time the engine was cranked over the water was drawn in, and on the compression stroke the pistons would hydraulic the heads right off the deck of the block.

Mack had about the same problem the last few years they used the real Mack engine. The intake manifold gasket would push out at the top then water off the cowl would run down into the cylinder head. The engine would not crank over with the starter so out came the chain & when it was pulled the piston pushed out the side of he block. I saw one that the hood was left open during a rain storm & there was water in two cylinders.
I also saw several times a truck would be parked under a roof down spout with the exhaust directly under the spout in a storm. I was able to hold the exhaust valves open on the hydraulic locked cylinder & bar the engine over to push out the water. I have seen bent rods when somebody pull stared a hydraulic locked engine. If the drive tires are skidding while pull starting there is more wrong than a bad starter or dead batteries.

Chevrolet bought a lot of engines for those cars, and also had a huge recall to fix the leaky air intake issue.

---------------------
I somehow managed to put my message in the middle of your post Racer.

The old 230 GMC 6cyl diesel only needed air and fuel after it was started. They were 2 cycle and needed no electrical connections but I don't know how long they would run under water.:popcorn:

The two stroke Detroits usually had a shutdown cable to the governor & an emergency shut down cable on the air intake. The Cummins had a fuel solenoid with one wire from the switch & the solenoid screw could be screwed in to "Put it on manual" & the switch wire wasn't needed to keep it running. Things have changed since then.

Snorkle?

Yea, and where's his snorkel at?

Snorkel? Hell man, he needs at least 2 tanks, 1 regulator, mask & some weights. Of yea, don't forget the fins for the feet, that river looks a little on the large side if you no what I mean.

The two stroke Detroits usually had a shutdown cable to the governor & an emergency shut down cable on the air intake. The Cummins had a fuel solenoid with one wire from the switch & the solenoid screw could be screwed in to "Put it on manual" & the switch wire wasn't needed to keep it running. Things have changed since then.
When ABF had those Louisville Fords in the city with the 2 strokers in 'em I got a couple of them running backwards when I backed into a low dropped heavy trailer without enough peddle. Got part way under, truck stalled and got shoved back out by the angle on the fifth wheel. Stinks the cab up real quick.

When ABF had those Louisville Fords in the city with the 2 strokers in 'em I got a couple of them running backwards when I backed into a low dropped heavy trailer without enough peddle. Got part way under, truck stalled and got shoved back out by the angle on the fifth wheel. Stinks the cab up real quick.

Those two strokers could also run away. That is why they had the emergency shutdown on the air intake.

Those two strokers could also run away. That is why they had the emergency shutdown on the air intake.

I was the new guy and we had a'road commode, boss told me it needed fuel, no problem, I said! Drove to the fuel island fueled and did the usual pretrip by now the mechs and a few others were hanging around bout 20' away watching but not making it obvious I fired that puppie up and thought the engine was gonna blow up they were laughing their asses off watching me panic trying to shut it down