Estes | Meat...

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
We all, well most of us, eat cow, pig, rabbit, squrrill, possom, aligator, frogs, the list goes on forever, I have even heard horse meat is being eaten in other places, question is, would any of you guys ever skin and eat a cat or a dog, these 2 animals can be our best buds, but what if the bottom falls out for real and we can't afford any other meat, and the gov. takes our guns away so we can't hunt. Dogs and cats are plentiful and meat is meat...right? I ate monkey in the Phillipines, on a stick no less, it was good stuff.

Just trying to spark some conversation..think about it.

Ya never know GT. Alot of people think only the Chinese eat cat and dog but in tough times people do what they gotta do.....

Cat has been eaten in Britain. During wartime rationing, cats found their way into "rabbit" stews/pies and hence earned themselves the nickname "roof-rabbit". With so many city strays and pets abandoned by bombed out families, cats were a substitute for rabbit.

The rationale was simple - a surplus of homeless cats living off of vermin, plus the fact that the supply of wild rabbit from the countryside had been suspended from the cities.

This old British rhyme summed up the keeping of cats in peace-time and the eating of them in times of hardship.

Oh kittens, in our hours of ease
Uncertain toys and full of fleas,
When pain and anguish hang o’er men,
We turn you into sausage then.

Cat sausage? yuck! I hope I never have to eat it....:biglaugh:

Good post, I tried to give you rep but I guess I haven't gave it to enough people yet, I lopped half my finger off cutting an onion, dang me for buying a sharp cutting knife, I guess the cat lives another day for I fear it might scratch my injured finger and that would hurt more than the initial wound, I'm getting clumsy in my old age, last friday fell between the dock and trailer, thursday bloke my pinky toe on the chair, now this...I gotta cut back on the ADD meds...

Ya never know GT. Alot of people think only the Chinese eat cat and dog but in tough times people do what they gotta do.....

Cat has been eaten in Britain. During wartime rationing, cats found their way into "rabbit" stews/pies and hence earned themselves the nickname "roof-rabbit". With so many city strays and pets abandoned by bombed out families, cats were a substitute for rabbit.

The rationale was simple - a surplus of homeless cats living off of vermin, plus the fact that the supply of wild rabbit from the countryside had been suspended from the cities.

This old British rhyme summed up the keeping of cats in peace-time and the eating of them in times of hardship.

Oh kittens, in our hours of ease
Uncertain toys and full of fleas,
When pain and anguish hang o’er men,
We turn you into sausage then.

Cat sausage? yuck! I hope I never have to eat it....:biglaugh:

I have 5 cats... I'm good for a week!

A book I am reading ...

Emergency

By Neil Strauss

Says, the first place you go in a situation like this is the zoo! Good eatin'!:clap: