TForce | Mechanics/shops

ltltrkr

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
Is TForce closing all their shops ? One of the other drives at my place heard from a TForce drive( got to love rumors !!!). I said maybe at terminals they are closing or downsizing

Historically when a Company abandons vehicle and facility maintenance the end is near.
Just be mindful of the transport of equipment for repair that doesn't pass a pre-trip.

The company is gonna do whatever saves money. If the shops are not cost effective, they will go with an outside vendor .
I stay in contact with several active drivers, they are being told "we need this truck there, just take it".
"Big trucks, big bucks", if ya can't afford to fix em', you shouldn't have em'.

They say they have a duty to the stockholders to maximize their investments.
That seems to override the obligation of providing safe and compliant equipment be it on the road or on the properties.
I would like to see a poll of stockholders on if they think it is a good idea to put profits over maintenance..
This is a trend I see no good coming from.
Be safe out there..

That seems to override the obligation of providing safe and compliant equipment be it on the road or on the properties.
I would like to see a poll of stockholders on if they think it is a good idea to put profits over maintenance..
Be safe out there..
I think the goal has been to replace all the old equipment, the CEO of TFI stated this early on . UPS will run their equipment until it is sold for scrap metal. TFI wants anything over 8 years old out of the fleet . So they believe newer trucks means less too maintain.
We have more new TFI trucks in less than 2 years than UPS got us new UPS freight in 15 years .

I think the goal has been to replace all the old equipment, the CEO of TFI stated this early on . UPS will run their equipment until it is sold for scrap metal. TFI wants anything over 8 years old out of the fleet . So they believe newer trucks means less too maintain.
We have more new TFI trucks in less than 2 years than UPS got us new UPS freight in 15 years .
These new trucks have had just as many problems!

Historically when a Company abandons vehicle and facility maintenance the end is near.
Just be mindful of the transport of equipment for repair that doesn't pass a pre-trip.
I have seen this tried before at several freight lines with the same result. Some bean counter sees millions being spent on maintenance & thinks because it produces no revenue it is not necessary. In a short time rigs are put out of service because of safety violations at road side inspections & breakdowns that cause freight delays. Rigs log as many miles on the hook as pulling freight. What could have been a simple repair or maintenance item is now a major failure.

Last edited:
Be safe out there..
The media is desperately trying to silence the folks in Ohio who just got a sample of what a cutback in manpower and maintenance portend on the railroad! So now these dipsh##ts think that's the way to go? This stuff is way beyond the twilight zone. Can't even finish this post. There's a special place in hell for these folks. I used to think that spot was reserved for lawyers. But not anymore.