Yellow | Medical Examiners Handbook Draws Clear Line Between Regs And Guidance

Sleep Apnea is the biggest scam out there forcing drivers to wear this uncomfortable orwellian mask every night to sleep is insanity. I know so many drivers who quit the industry because of this crap. What if you sleep on your front or side move around a lot while sleeping now you get all tangled up in the hoses can only sleep on your back. Plus why can't you use a oral device instead of all these expensive CPAP machines who is getting rich from this? Concentra is the worst one don't even get your physical done there they refer everyone for a sleep study. You can get a 2nd opinion! You can get a 2nd Opinion! Don't ever go to the company doctor if you don't have to. Another thing about the sleep apnea crap is once you have it you are almost blackballed from the industry many companies will no longer hire you cause of it. Have accident rates gone down at all since the Sleep Apnea craze started it's so stupid why don't they test everyone with a drivers license too if this is such a big issue?

Sleep Apnea is the biggest scam out there forcing drivers to wear this uncomfortable orwellian mask every night to sleep is insanity. I know so many drivers who quit the industry because of this crap. What if you sleep on your front or side move around a lot while sleeping now you get all tangled up in the hoses can only sleep on your back. Plus why can't you use a oral device instead of all these expensive CPAP machines who is getting rich from this? Concentra is the worst one don't even get your physical done there they refer everyone for a sleep study. You can get a 2nd opinion! You can get a 2nd Opinion! Don't ever go to the company doctor if you don't have to. Another thing about the sleep apnea crap is once you have it you are almost blackballed from the industry many companies will no longer hire you cause of it. Have accident rates gone down at all since the Sleep Apnea craze started it's so stupid why don't they test everyone with a drivers license too if this is such a big issue?
I go to Concentra every two years. Always get a 2 yrs physical, and, per the BMI rules, I'm overweight at 6'2"/ 210 lbs. The Doctor has always said there are 10 factors of concern before ordering a Sleep Study, and I dont fit those. My Blood Pressure is textbook perfect, my build is relative to my weight, I dont snore, I dont have diabetes or take any prescribed meds. I have to disagree then, about your claim that Consentra automatically sends every driver.....

BMI is a scam hasn't been updated in decades plus does not differentiate between muscle mass and fat mass. They send every overweight driver you are very skinny for your height.

Its discrimination in my opinion testing overweight drivers for Sleep Apnea if they have no violations or accidents just a money grabbing scam.

There are ten factors. If you hit on 7 or 8, go. It’s about living til tomorrow, and not running over my wife and kids...
Most accident caused by 4 wheelers maybe they shouldn't run over your wife and kids. Where was all these sleep apnea crap 50yrs ago they discriminate against overweight drivers they should test everyone then skinny people can have it too? How are you supposed to sleep at a sleep study hooked up to all these electrodes of course everyone fails biggest scam insurance companies are getting sick of it too.

Most accident caused by 4 wheelers maybe they shouldn't run over your wife and kids. Where was all these sleep apnea crap 50yrs ago they discriminate against overweight drivers they should test everyone then skinny people can have it too? How are you supposed to sleep at a sleep study hooked up to all these electrodes of course everyone fails biggest scam insurance companies are getting sick of it too.
I dont have sleep apnea, so I can't relate. Apparently they think you have a life threatening condition that affects your ability to be a safe driver, and don't want you passing out behind the wheel????

I dont have sleep apnea, so I can't relate. Apparently they think you have a life threatening condition that affects your ability to be a safe driver, and don't want you passing out behind the wheel????
Going to have to disagree with you on this one. I'm a big guy . I don't have sleep apnea. I never made tape, ever. This sleep apnea push was because a person on FMCSA's medical board had a financial interest in a company that built and ran CPAP machines and sleep study clinics. FMCSA never produced any data that sleep apnea had any significant impact on safety. Most fatigue related crashed have been linked to a driver knowingly not getting enough rest ( like the Walmart driver that killed the country music singer or the OD LCV driver that had the horrific crash on the Ohio toll road that ended OD LCV operations) or running over hours and falsifying Record of Duty Status (paper or electronic) to meet carrier demands or shipper/receiver demands. Sleep apnea can be serious, but the way it went down with FMCSA was a racket. FMCSA has bigger fish to fry, starting with a lot of Volvos in Chicagoland in my opinion

Going to have to disagree with you on this one. I'm a big guy . I don't have sleep apnea. I never made tape, ever. This sleep apnea push was because a person on FMCSA's medical board had a financial interest in a company that built and ran CPAP machines and sleep study clinics. FMCSA never produced any data that sleep apnea had any significant impact on safety. Most fatigue related crashed have been linked to a driver knowingly not getting enough rest ( like the Walmart driver that killed the country music singer or the OD LCV driver that had the horrific crash on the Ohio toll road that ended OD LCV operations) or running over hours and falsifying Record of Duty Status (paper or electronic) to meet carrier demands or shipper/receiver demands. Sleep apnea can be serious, but the way it went down with FMCSA was a racket. FMCSA has bigger fish to fry, starting with a lot of Volvos in Chicagoland in my opinion
The Volvo’s you speak of, you mean the ones operated by Yugo Freight, and such?

Doctor told me there are TEN Factors that make things suspicious. Apparently you dont have them.

Donna went after a couple outfits out of Bolingbrook named Koopic Dispatch and Koopivitch Dispatching.....

IWlc2ax.jpg

Doctor told me there are TEN Factors that make things suspicious. Apparently you dont have them.
That's incorrect . Many MedicalExaminers were basing it solely on BMI (body mass index). These charts are based on body measurements . Based on the charts almost every lineman from any division I or II college team through the pros would be considered morbidly obese and subject to a sleep study.