Pitt-Ohio | Medical Obsession

Filling out application and I find the company is totally obsessed with medical history of drivers and dock workers. What gives ?
I filled it all out it wasn't to bad. Their getting ready to add runs here in NY so it's a great time to get on. The health insurance is top notch. The dental is really good and the vision insurance isn't bad.

It’s been more than 14 years since I applied, but I don’t recall anything that stood out compared to other applications I’ve filled out. Are they asking for more specifics than other employers, or do you feel they’re being intrusive?

It’s been more than 14 years since I applied, but I don’t recall anything that stood out compared to other applications I’ve filled out. Are they asking for more specifics than other employers, or do you feel they’re being intrusive?
Just about every nonunion company is self insured. I've talked to a few drivers here who were out for some serious medical conditions and didn't have any problems. I would think that there are some privacy laws that "should" protect people from anything intrusive but who knows. Only thing I can say is the health insurance here goes head to head with the other top companies. I would say we have the advantage cause when it's slow you'll work 4 days a week and not have to be worried about getting enough days or tours worked to keep benefits intact.

Profit sharing varies year to year, but 6% is typical. I'm not sure about the application process as far as health questions go, but since Pitt is self insured and pays 100% of our insurance, they want the employees to invest in their own health. Preventative health, etc. I haven't noticed any problems with people that need to take extended time off for health issues.

Profit sharing varies year to year, but 6% is typical. I'm not sure about the application process as far as health questions go, but since Pitt is self insured and pays 100% of our insurance, they want the employees to invest in their own health. Preventative health, etc. I haven't noticed any problems with people that need to take extended time off for health issues.
I don't believe any health questions would be allowed on a application due to Hippa laws. They can ask you if you hold a current DOT Med card and when it expires. If they send you for a DOT med card that's where you would be asked a million health questions.

Just a guess……. They might be fishing for
If you have ever been on workman’s comp
…… I am union…. I have worked for nonunion s
Before …. 1st question in orientation…. Have you ever had a workman’s comp claim…. Never saw those people again

I’ve never heard anyone speak of a pension in the 14 years I’ve been at Pitt Ohio. To confirm what’s already been said, the company typically contributes 6% of your gross to a profit sharing account that is part of your 401k. I say typically because it was reduced to 4% for a few years but they kept their promise of restoring it to 6% as soon as it was feasible.