Medicare Supplement

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
Can anybody offer some advice on the Advantage Gold Medicare supplement that teamcare offers? Sadly I’ll be losing my teamcare insurance this year. Need your help KK. Griz

Can anybody offer some advice on the Advantage Gold Medicare supplement that teamcare offers? Sadly I’ll be losing my teamcare insurance this year. Need your help KK. Griz
I'm sure that information is more easily attainable at the YRC or ABF forum.

Every county in the USA has a VERY limited number of Medicare providers under contract to Original Medicare and Uncle Sam to provide you Insurance of that kind.

The advantage only means you are adding Part D for drugs at the store (In addition to extra help from the state DHS) you are adding part C for the Hearing, Dental and Vision. among other benefits that might apply to you. Some counties do not have a insurance provider. Im at the Gold level which means I pay a few dollars a month in premiums for extra things that are needed for cancer etc. So those will come in handy as I am waiting on pathology to confirm or deny one or two different tests soon for that problem. If necessary Hospice is paid for at 6 months total and I will be buried and that's that.

I just finished a few months resolving being blind for the second time in my life with eye surgery that restored the sight among other problems That was about a 20,000 dollar billable lift to the insurance company medicare. My glasses were special made and they paid half the cost (About 400) Took 5 months to produce the lenses properly to spec. In exchange I have 20-0 vision in the restored eye and damn near 20-30 in the other eye with the old lens implant from 10 years ago when that eye went blind. So 2020 total spend by Insurance is about 30,000 dollars my share is about 4000 cash in other medical bills. This year 2021 I have two surgeries pending plus scans. Its already over 150,000 dollars in pending claims to my insurance to fix acute problems. Cheaper to pay that and retain independent living than to be warehoused in a assisted living or nursing home as a invalid which can run 5 to 10K a month.

When we fought cancer before with spouse her care ran a cool 1.5 million dollars spent. You wont believe some of the expenses we incurred for the exact medicines needed to physically destroy her breast cancer. We have had 15 years together and for me? who knows my time might be up this year. I don't worry about all that anymore, neither does she.

The important thing is that burial is paid, life insurance Is paid and will more than cover the probate and any final expenses with some left over. So it's perfect. Born with nothing, leave with nothing.

Thanks. I just started shopping.
Griz. we have had Teamstar through the teamsters since I retired in 2013..We like it .. It covers anything that medicare covers.. You can get $0 deductible or $500 deductible.. Once the deductible is met you pay nothing.. You have to watch what plans you choose.. Some are good if you really don't go anywhere as you are restricted to certain hospitals and certain doctors.. We still travel a lot and that was the game changer.. I am covered anywhere in the US .. Oh and that $100 deductible?? That includes the $180 medicare charges you.. So in essence it really is only like $320.. Or you can get a $0 deductible and they pay everything.. Best thing I ever got from the teamsters..