melton any good?

nctruckdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
anybody have any info on this company? my brother is headed to orientation this week, he's never done flatbled so he's a little weary.
all i know is i think they're going to start him off at .40cpm

Thats not bad pay to start, flatbed is better than van, no lumpers, grocery DC's, like Sysco ect. I've always been told that when you have something on a flatbed the reciever usually needs it so you will get unloaded, thats good. I worked with a guy that did 5 yrs with Melton, the only reason he quit was to come to where I was at on a recomendation of a friend, he said he really liked it there, I know this is old but I hope your Brother is doing well!!

thats not bad pay to start, flatbed is better than van, no lumpers, grocery dc's, like sysco ect. I've always been told that when you have something on a flatbed the reciever usually needs it so you will get unloaded, thats good. I worked with a guy that did 5 yrs with melton, the only reason he quit was to come to where i was at on a recomendation of a friend, he said he really liked it there, i know this is old but i hope your brother is doing well!!

are they running cut back trucks or do they trust a hand to git er done without crashing????

are they running cut back trucks or do they trust a hand to git er done without crashing????

I haven't the foggiest notion, they are a big outfit on computer so I doubt they are going to let a guy get er done so to speak, they do have nice equipment, good tarps, straps, trailers, trucks always look good IDK how fast they run, I run 57-58 governed so everyone is faster than me!

Welcome to TruckingBoards!!!