•    Since Adults seem to be in charge again, Truckingboards is back on Twitter @truckingboards

Memes

jimmy g

Kook
Premium
I will give an admission that I am wrong on omitting a part of Article 1, Section 4 (that I hadn’t realized existed). States Do Make Election Rules!!! But it goes on to say that Congress can alter parts of that. In that, I was wrong…. Let no person say I don’t admit it when I am!

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of choosing Senators.

AzPilot

Banned
I will give an admission that I am wrong on omitting a part of Article 1, Section 4 (that I hadn’t realized existed). States Do Make Election Rules!!! But it goes on to say that Congress can alter parts of that. In that, I was wrong…. Let no person say I don’t admit it when I am!

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of choosing Senators.
Thank you

AzPilot

Banned
Now, will you admit that you and Reich were wrong about the Filibuster?
All I said was the filibuster could be unconstitutional because it empowers the minority while taking the power away from the majority at least that is what some of the framers said. Because it will never be challenged by the S. court, I'll say it's constitutional , I can't speak for Reich.

Rastus

...ULTRA..MAGA
Premium
In April 2017, a bipartisan group of senators — 32 Democrats and 29 Republicans —signed a joint letter to McConnell and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. In it they called on their leaders to oppose “any effort to curtail the existing rights and prerogatives of Senators to engage in full, robust, and extended debate as we consider legislation before this body in the future.” In other words, don’t end the filibuster. That’s pretty straightforward and, presumably, would include legislation that would be needed to increase the size of the Supreme Court.

The effort was led by Republican Susan Collins and Democrat Chris Coons and included a number of members of the current Senate Judiciary Committee, among them, Chairman Lindsey Graham, Chuck Grassley, Patrick Leahy and Kamala Harris. Only time will tell whether the 32 Democratic senators who favored keeping the filibuster when they were in the minority will feel the same if they find themselves back in the majority after November.
32 democrat senators favored the filibuster including Heels Up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But we have to pay the server bill every month. 

Please disable your AdBlocker.

For Advertisement Free Viewing,Login and select "Account Upgrades" by clicking on your name at the top right of the page.

I've Disabled AdBlock