Estes | Memo is out!!!

Starkravinloon

Hero's Falling At Home
Credits
Well, the memo is out on the re-bid.What your take on it?Do you think we should re-bid every year? Estes seems to be trying to bring us closer to the status quo in the freight business,in regards to linehaul procedures.Do you think that is good or bad??

Personally, I think it's the right thing to do.And I applaud "the hill" for making these moves.:clap:No *** kissin' here,just think they are moving in the right direction.

starkravinloon wrote.... "Estes seems to be trying to bring us closer to the status quo in the freight business,in regards to linehaul procedures.Do you think that is good or bad?? "

Just my take, but screw what the others do!! We as a company need to focus on what WE do best. Yes this does involve constant changes, but the changes should be because we are LEADERS, not followers. This company didnt grow to it's current size by running in the shadow of others. We became what we are by doing what is best for Estes and our customers. Growing weary of slowly changing over to the GI way.....if the GI way was so great, Estes Express would've been absorbed by GI.

It appears the changes in how linehaul runs will be good, but let's do it because we will be better, not to be like the "other" guys. This is a pretty simple business....offer value by delivering ontime, damage-free. Doesnt matter what others do, if we consistantly do this, customers will keep coming back. Everything we do or change should be with an eye on fulfilling those goals. The rest is just BS....

Ya'll be safe!!

starkravinloon wrote.... "Estes seems to be trying to bring us closer to the status quo in the freight business,in regards to linehaul procedures.Do you think that is good or bad?? "

Just my take, but screw what the others do!! We as a company need to focus on what WE do best. Yes this does involve constant changes, but the changes should be because we are LEADERS, not followers. This company didnt grow to it's current size by running in the shadow of others. We became what we are by doing what is best for Estes and our customers. Growing weary of slowly changing over to the GI way.....if the GI way was so great, Estes Express would've been absorbed by GI.

It appears the changes in how linehaul runs will be good, but let's do it because we will be better, not to be like the "other" guys. This is a pretty simple business....offer value by delivering ontime, damage-free. Doesnt matter what others do, if we consistantly do this, customers will keep coming back. Everything we do or change should be with an eye on fulfilling those goals. The rest is just BS....

Ya'll be safe!!

Just look at your poll and you will see that the majority do not agree with you. You must be one of those with less seniority who is in danger of losing your run come rebid time and now feel you must lash out and blame policy change on the former company known as GI trucking. If you knew anything about what most of the rest of the industry does you would know that this policy is in line with how most successful companies bid their runs with respect to seniority. You need to realize that the people that have been here the longest have done more to advance the success of the company and in my humble opinion should be recognized for their commitment as the people with less seniority will be as they build upon their own seniority. Most companies recognize that the quality and commitment of long term employees is a plus and driver retention is a big challenge. One other thought before I go is you should probably educate yourself a little on the subject of the successes of the the former company known as GI trucking and how they became part of the Estes family before you post and show how ignorant you sound.

Here Here

Just look at your poll and you will see that the majority do not agree with you. You must be one of those with less seniority who is in danger of losing your run come rebid time and now feel you must lash out and blame policy change on the former company known as GI trucking. If you knew anything about what most of the rest of the industry does you would know that this policy is in line with how most successful companies bid their runs with respect to seniority. You need to realize that the people that have been here the longest have done more to advance the success of the company and in my humble opinion should be recognized for their commitment as the people with less seniority will be as they build upon their own seniority. Most companies recognize that the quality and commitment of long term employees is a plus and driver retention is a big challenge. One other thought before I go is you should probably educate yourself a little on the subject of the successes of the the former company known as GI trucking and how they became part of the Estes family before you post and show how ignorant you sound.

could'nt of said it better thank you for speaking my mind!!!!!!

Yep I gotta give that the amen 10-4 myself frogman.....

sleepers will work if the big guy will allow them to idle more than an hour, if he won't then only good for a small part of the year.

a sleeper can't be used for city use when the driver is sleeping, the company would have to buy more 'city only tractors',thus the savings is out the window

Bean counters

a sleeper can't be used for city use when the driver is sleeping, the company would have to buy more 'city only tractors',thus the savings is out the window

I guess the bean counters would have to figure that one out.
It's true while a driver is in the hotel that the tractor can be used by someone else.Not sure what rate Estes gets but YRC used to get about $37.00 per stay at just about any hotel.

Great post, totally agree with this one. Just wish it was'nt so hard for Richmond to figure it out.

bidding

whose got the most seniority for miles at estes, schneider drivers, or, covenant drivers, or, hills bros, or, swift drivers, or ESTES DRIVERS??????????

I know this is a dirty word for some(myself included) but sleepers should take care of those hotel costs:hide:

They sent a memo out for the specialzed division. They don't want those guy's using the motels anymore regardless if they are running terminal to terminal or customer to customer. They don't care if the terminal those guys are idling at has somewhere to shower or not. My friend says he idles from 8pm til noon the next day at most terminals. If you do the math. The trucks burn on average 1.5 gallons per hour x 16 hours =24 gal. x $2.45 for fuel = $58.80 plus wear and tear vs $37.00 for motel stay with showers and toliet. Diesel fuel has less of a tax write off also. But who am I to say anything?

Good point.

They sent a memo out for the specialzed division. They don't want those guy's using the motels anymore regardless if they are running terminal to terminal or customer to customer. They don't care if the terminal those guys are idling at has somewhere to shower or not. My friend says he idles from 8pm til noon the next day at most terminals. If you do the math. The trucks burn on average 1.5 gallons per hour x 16 hours =24 gal. x $2.45 for fuel = $58.80 plus wear and tear vs $37.00 for motel stay with showers and toliet. Diesel fuel has less of a tax write off also. But who am I to say anything?

That's a good point.Not to mention the additional capitol expenditure for the equipment.

Ya that's a good point Dew, and I do agree with your logic 100%
but I think from talking to a couple of specialized guys the problem was
that many times some of those guys were checking into a motel when they had only a 3-4 hr. wait just to get a shower,
which I really don't blame 'em cause I hate T/S showers to.
But that practice was running up a big motel bill.