Yellow | merchants fast motor lines

Renscout

Renscout.Com
Credits
Anyone work for this company. They were based out of Dallas and Abilene TX but went from Tenn,Oklahoma,Tx,New Mexico,Ark,possible other states.
They also had a unit in California.
I along with several other YRC Drivers in OKC/531 worked for them.
We are trying to find out about the retirement.
It was Union Of Transportation Employees but has merged several times with other Unions.
Does anyone have a retirement from them or know who to call to get them benefits.
Some of these guys have 20+ years and cannot find out who to call.
Thanks

Re: Merchants Fast Motor Freight

Yea we got that far but man w/steelworkers could not give us answers.
Looking for someone who is no recieving retirement from them.
Thanks

[quote author=Renscout link=topic=79320.msg822685#msg822685 date=1271609038]
Thanks
[/quote]

Maybe they had a single employer pension and when they filed for banruptcy the pension went under too? Did you ever punch your name in on the PBGC website?

[quote author=truckinusa link=topic=79320.msg822699#msg822699 date=1271614487]
Thanks
[/quote]

Maybe they had a single employer pension and when they filed for banruptcy the pension went under too? Did you ever punch your name in on the PBGC website?
[/quote]
PBGC website? what is that?

[quote author=Renscout link=topic=79320.msg822700#msg822700 date=1271614669]
[quote author=truckinusa link=topic=79320.msg822699#msg822699 date=1271614487]
Thanks
[/quote]

[/quote]
PBGC website? what is that?
[/quote]

PBGC is a federal corporation created by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974. It currently protects the pensions of more than 44 million American workers and retirees in more than 29,000 private single-employer and multiemployer defined benefit pension plans. PBGC receives no funds from general tax revenues. Operations are financed by insurance premiums set by Congress and paid by sponsors of defined benefit plans, investment income, assets from pension plans trusteed by PBGC, and recoveries from the companies formerly responsible for the plans.
http://www.pbgc.gov/index.html

To search by company follow this link : https://search.pbgc.gov/mp/

EBSA (Employee Benefits Security Administration) might be another place to check. Ideally you got some paperwork with the plan administrators name on it and tax id? The TLSC helps people in Texas and Oklahoma with lost pensions. http://www.tlsc.org Another option might be to go wherever the main hub was and ask around at the competitors if theres anyone around that they know that retired from there. Strange the Steelworkers cant tell you something. You might try figuring out who the bankruptcy trustee was and contacting his law office?

Mass Mutual manages MFML retirement. You will need a copy of your insurance annuity issued for when we switched over to 401K retirement plan. You would have been given this paperwork if you were vested. I am away from home and do not have any of the numbers on me. E-mail me and I will send iot to you this weekend. I started drawing mine at age 57.

[quote author=dtfanch link=topic=79320.msg823179#msg823179 date=1271773369]
Mass Mutual manages MFML retirement. You will need a copy of your insurance annuity issued for when we switched over to 401K retirement plan. You would have been given this paperwork if you were vested. I am away from home and do not have any of the numbers on me. E-mail me and I will send iot to you this weekend. I started drawing mine at age 57.
[/quote]

:iamnotworthy: :iamnotworthy:
Thanks you this will be a big help. I did not get this paperwork as I was aready at Yellow when they went under
Thanks again :kicking: :kicking:

[quote author=truckinusa link=topic=79320.msg822719#msg822719 date=1271620003]
EBSA (Employee Benefits Security Administration) might be another place to check. Ideally you got some paperwork with the plan administrators name on it and tax id? The TLSC helps people in Texas and Oklahoma with lost pensions. http://www.tlsc.org Another option might be to go wherever the main hub was and ask around at the competitors if theres anyone around that they know that retired from there. Strange the Steelworkers cant tell you something. You might try figuring out who the bankruptcy trustee was and contacting his law office?
[/quote]
Guy at steel workers could care less (my opionion) we didnt pay in to steelworkers and he didnt sound like he wanted to waste his time. :rant:

Here is what I have for the contact information from my 1099.

Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
1295 State Street
Springfield, MA 01111

1-800-788-8781

Called the 800# they knew nothing of Merchants or the retirement plan.(not that we are suprised) :chairshot:
Any other Options? Do you have something showing you recieving from them on Merchants behalf.
Thanks

It is no longer a plan. If you were vested at the time they closed the plan down around 1980 then you were issued an insurance annuity that would pay you what you were due for your years of service. Like I stated on the other post that was all that I had but you might ask if you have an unclaimed annuity. Also the 1099 has only Mass Mutual on it as the payor.

[quote author=dtfanch link=topic=79320.msg825615#msg825615 date=1272566461]
It is no longer a plan. If you were vested at the time they closed the plan down around 1980 then you were issued an insurance annuity that would pay you what you were due for your years of service. Like I stated on the other post that was all that I had but you might ask if you have an unclaimed annuity. Also the 1099 has only Mass Mutual on it as the payor.
[/quote]
So you are saying that they actually discontinued the retirement plan well before they closed the doors?

i read several messages regarding the pension plan from Merchants. I worked in OS&D and later city dispatch so was not in union. However, i checked on my pension 4 years ago to update my current address. Recently i was looking for papers and have lost them. I have a call in to South Central pension rights project in Austin texas 800 443 2528 to see if they can assist, as it says they offer assistance (no cost) on their website. Just a suggestion if you are still searching.