Holland | Merger is off?

Heard from my BA That Yellow can’t come to an agreement with the teamsters and the merger with Holland and New Penn is a no go…anybody hearing anything similar?
I thought that had already began merging operations? That may be difficult attempting to put them back together again? Especially after terminals were sold off.
Or this is an excuse to completely shut those operations down without withdrawal penalties to help reduce expenses??

From what I have seen there is no more Holland. The only thing that suggests Holland is the little words operated by Holland below the yeller decal on the door.

As far as operations..... we pull doubles to the velocity terminals without a chance of operation..... we are getting new trucks... all Volvo single axle... the only new trailers I've seen are pups.

Face it..... Holland is gone. Even if they wanted to revive Holland back... do you think the customers would use them?

I thought that had already began merging operations? That may be difficult attempting to put them back together again? Especially after terminals were sold off.
Or this is an excuse to completely shut those operations down without withdrawal penalties to help reduce expenses??
Exactly what I was thinking

From what I have seen there is no more Holland. The only thing that suggests Holland is the little words operated by Holland below the yeller decal on the door.

As far as operations..... we pull doubles to the velocity terminals without a chance of operation..... we are getting new trucks... all Volvo single axle... the only new trailers I've seen are pups.

Face it..... Holland is gone. Even if they wanted to revive Holland back... do you think the customers would use them?
See what the daily bill count is, 6 -12 months from now, and I think that will show how successful the change is working.

Yellow has historically managed to cut the combined bill count in half on mergers.
They also cut the bill count by more than half by using yellow's way of doing business. Park everything that needs more than 200 dollars worth of maintenance. Having 50 runs worth of freight put on the 20 trailers with air in the tires and the 10 tractors that run. Everyone else breaks all the loads that come in and puts all that freight in trap trailers. then pick up load bars, and sweep the dock. That way, the sucka$$ Inbound super manager and TM buttboy can send in his report to Nashville on how he hit his daily goals. That's called" rightsizing and prioritizing, taking ownership, working the problem"........

I’ll stay with usf lol 😂 thank yrc but if yeller ever let usf go I’d stay here haha at least everyone works here unlike most at some yrc terminals.

Keep the terminals open just change the name and keep usf and newpenn working the same? This company needs a better system. A dimension on addressing the costumers stop the duplicates. Still going on with new yellow system seems like the yrc system.

Keep the terminals open just change the name and keep usf and newpenn working the same? This company needs a better system. A dimension on addressing the costumers stop the duplicates. Still going on with new yellow system seems like the yrc system.
Is upper management aware that you have all the answers to their future success? I'd reach out to them and let them know before someone else gets all the credit! :hide: :hilarious:

Replying to Puff Driver.
"I thought that had already began merging operations?" They have. That may be difficult attempting to put them back together again? They have no intention of doing that. Especially after terminals were sold off. Exactly.
Or this is an excuse to completely shut those operations down without withdrawal penalties to help reduce expenses?? They are not shutting down any operating subsidiaries. They can't, Yellow Corporation does not have any D.O.T. operating authority. They are going to combine operations and some terminals will be renamed but remain under the Yellow brand. By doing that they will avoid any potential pension withdrawal penalties.
The hubris of pups versus vans is a waste. The union cannot tell the company what type of trailers they use to transport THEIR freight. Like it or not, every CDL holding Teamster will be subject to operating whatever equipment they are assigned. Training on unfamiliar equipment will be provided, of course.
The issue of operation of LCVs is addressed in the NMFA Article 43 Section 9. And the Holland road drivers who previously operated long doubles will be in a rather awkward position when it comes to LCVs.

Is upper management aware that you have all the answers to their future success? I'd reach out to them and let them know before someone else gets all the credit! :hide: :hilarious:
Just an opinion because I hear it from dispatchers. Obviously if dispatchers are complaining about that. They won’t listen to a driver lol