Holland | Merger of brands rumor in KC.

Unlike shoes, most people don't realize, they always put their left shoe on last!
Oh contrair Mr. Breeze I remember in basic my DI asking what boot was put on first? Great a trick question and how many push up's was i going to have to do for a wrong answer, I said i don't know what is the difference? WELL TRAINEE IT'S THE LEFT ONE CAUSE IT'S THE ONE YOU STEP OFF FIRST WITH, NOW GIVE ME TWENTY. One drill SGT ,Two drill SGT etc

Oh contrair Mr. Breeze I remember in basic my DI asking what boot was put on first? Great a trick question and how many push up's was i going to have to do for a wrong answer, I said i don't know what is the difference? WELL TRAINEE IT'S THE LEFT ONE CAUSE IT'S THE ONE YOU STEP OFF FIRST WITH, NOW GIVE ME TWENTY. One drill SGT ,Two drill SGT etc

Been there, done that, I learned you couldn't teach those dumb azz DIs anything.
He's still wrong, when you put your left shoe on first, the right one is left, if you put your right shoe on first, the left one is still left,..... hope no one feels left out.

I still do that to this day. I don't think about it, but when I get a new pair of boots I unlace them and do it the way I was required to in Basic at Fort Knox . I still have nightmares about Heartbreak, Agony , and Misery, wake up and my feet hurt.

When I was in the REAL Army at Ft Jackson, I was threatened every day, "if you lose your M1, the army will deduct $65 from your pay"
I was drawing $78, wish I had lost a few and brought home.
Ted, you do know every one thinks they had basic the toughest.
BTW, I wear loafers.

When I was in the REAL Army at Ft Jackson, I was threatened every day, "if you lose your M1, the army will deduct $65 from your pay"
I was drawing $78, wish I had lost a few and brought home.
Ted, you do know every one thinks they had basic the toughest.
BTW, I wear loafers.
I think you guys had tougher basic than guys in my era. I mean you had to learn all the stuff we had to and learn how to take care of horses too!!!!

I still do that to this day. I don't think about it, but when I get a new
I still do that to this day. I don't think about it, but when I get a new pair of boots I unlace them and do it the way I was required to in Basic at Fort Knox . I still have nightmares about Heartbreak, Agony , and Misery, wake up and my feet hurt.

pair of boots I unlace them and do it the way I was required to in Basic at Fort Knox . I still have nightmares about Heartbreak, Agony , and Misery, wake up an d my
I experienced those hills too. I was 17 when I got to Fort Knox 11 February 1975.

Got me beat by 12 years and 4 months . Glad someone knew them too. 2nd platoon Reapers three blocks off the old motor pool on the old two level WWII Baracks
I was there in 1982. Charlie 18-4
3rd herd, born by chance, love by choice, kill by profession, can't hack, it pack it, no slack due sergeant, no slack due.
I still remember that like yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
My older brother went through Knox. 1970
He hated it.
Got sent to Germany. He was a tank mechanic.
He hated being there. He found a way out.
Honerable discharge.
At least he didn't have to go you knkw where.
I got lucky. They dropped the draft soon after I turned 18.

I experienced those hills too. I was 17 when I got to Fort Knox 11 February 1975.
I was on the other side of the state FT. Campbell,Ky. 26 Jan 1970 , then thru airborne 101' S, (pucking buzzards) I did do Ft.Knox in 75 when I had to supplement the guard/reservice unit out of Cleveland for 2 week summer camp. 8" s/p how's, had to teach the young ones how to make screamers out of beer tab's when putting the rounds together.

My older brother went through Knox. 1970
He hated it.
Got sent to Germany. He was a tank mechanic.
He hated being there. He found a way out.
Honerable discharge.
At least he didn't have to go you knkw where.
I got lucky. They dropped the draft soon after I turned 18.
Hey my was he in the 3rd Armor div in germany? I was in Germany in late 72 -early 73. Stationed up on "The Rock" I got out 26 Jan 1973