Yellow | Merging of all YRCW forums !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put me down for a no vote on this Forum Merger. I have No desire to read anything YRC Has to say. Now When I want to read my NEW PENN stuff I have to Dig through all the crap.
It's my opinion that YRC and NEW PENN are completely different and I don't know any New Penn Workers who feel like we're the Same company.

Did you notice it's NOT the YRC forum? Did you notice the forums name is YRCW ? And do you know who owns New Penn ( hint YRCW ) ? Instead of hate can we all just get along ?

Put me down for a no vote on this Forum Merger. I have No desire to read anything YRC Has to say. Now When I want to read my NEW PENN stuff I have to Dig through all the crap.
It's my opinion that YRC and NEW PENN are completely different and I don't know any New Penn Workers who feel like we're the Same company.

I understand that this is your house to do with as you choose and did not solicit input from the members. I was trying to find out if there was a different way to view this. As an example, the Fedex forum, I might be interested in any new post for freight, but not be interested in the package posts. While before all of the new posts might be on the first page, and I would get an email update as such, but now might be on subsequent pages mixed with package posts.

Works for me! I don't have to look at 5 different forums now to get all my info. I never post, but sure do enjoy reading everyone's opinion here.

Jeff,
No disrespect intended so please take this with a grain of salt... I feel this is just another slap in the face of all New Penn, Holland, Glennmore, Yellow Roadway corp., and the rest of the companies that have been forced to work under the YRCW flag.

I think that although we all understand that we are under one umbrella we are all very much separate companies. And if you were to ask i think you would find that most of the people are proud to work for our respective companies. i think if you were to ask if any of us are proud to be part of the YRCW world you would probably find that very few would say that yes they are a proud YRCW employee.

with all due respect, YRCW is trying to take away what little pride we are able to hold onto. And by combining us on this forum you too are taking away some of that pride.

I am proud to be a New Penn Motor Express Employee.
I am embarrassed to be part of YRCW.

Would you be willing to poll the effected members as to there vote?
We are very good at voting our own fate.

Works for me! I don't have to look at 5 different forums now to get all my info. I never post, but sure do enjoy reading everyone's opinion here.
Jeff this works for me also, I think it is great. I have a gut feeling it will be OK with NEW PENN, but if they vote no, they will be merged in also and you would have to do this anyway.

A couple of points !

One I don't know if you have read my first post but I will also add this point . Truckingboards ( TB ) is being viewed by more and more members with " smart phones " I-phones, Droids , Etc Etc and the merging of the forums both here and with other companies will speed up the browsing for said members . TB has always been a place for info for all LTL trucking companies and this new format ( merging the boards ) will speed up your download time .

Point two : I see some people complaining and I have to laugh because weren't you posting in the YRC forum before the merging off all the YRCW companies forums ?

Please look at this as just a new and fresh way to find out info for all the companies who will be affected by what will happen in the future !

I understand that this is your house to do with as you choose and did not solicit input from the members. I was trying to find out if there was a different way to view this. As an example, the Fedex forum, I might be interested in any new post for freight, but not be interested in the package posts. While before all of the new posts might be on the first page, and I would get an email update as such, but now might be on subsequent pages mixed with package posts.
Only a handful of posts a year are posted by those other divisions

Jeff,
No disrespect intended so please take this with a grain of salt... I feel this is just another slap in the face of all New Penn, Holland, Glennmore, Yellow Roadway corp., and the rest of the companies that have been forced to work under the YRCW flag.

I think that although we all understand that we are under one umbrella we are all very much separate companies. And if you were to ask i think you would find that most of the people are proud to work for our respective companies. i think if you were to ask if any of us are proud to be part of the YRCW world you would probably find that very few would say that yes they are a proud YRCW employee.

with all due respect, YRCW is trying to take away what little pride we are able to hold onto. And by combining us on this forum you too are taking away some of that pride.

I am proud to be a New Penn Motor Express Employee.
I am embarrassed to be part of YRCW.

Would you be willing to poll the effected members as to there vote?
We are very good at voting our own fate.

It is what it is man, you are YRCW, if they decided to sell you guys off, I can easily take all of your posts out and put them in their proper place

Thats the idea, thanks

Jeff this works for me also, I think it is great. I have a gut feeling it will be OK with NEW PENN, but if they vote no, they will be merged in also and you would have to do this anyway.

Well it's just not New Penn, it's Holland Reddaway Glen Moore and Reimer too
I need the real estate on the main page, the list is too long and I don't want to create sub categories or links to LTL forums when thats what we specialize in

Maybe start a New Penn forum and charge thirty or forty dollars a year membership.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of points !

One I don't know if you have read my first post but I will also add this point . Truckingboards ( TB ) is being viewed by more and more members with " smart phones " I-phones, Droids , Etc Etc and the merging of the forums both here and with other companies will speed up the browsing for said members . TB has always been a place for info for all LTL trucking companies and this new format ( merging the boards ) will speed up your download time

Point two : I see some people complaining and I have to laugh because weren't you posting in the RC forum before the merging off all the YRCW companies forums ?

Please look at this as just a new and fresh way to find out info for all the companies who will be affected by what will happen in the future !

R-14 Driver Maybe they are so used to voting and not getting to on this is why they are complaining.

Not that the merger matters any way, soon it will be in the "gone but not forgotten" section anyway. All you New Penn drivers sure are uppity for being such a small insignificant company. Maybe if you were better you coulda bought Yellow and put them out instead. wah wah wah I don't wanna be YRCW wah wah. Get over it, I didn't want to merge either and lose my job. It's been well over a year now, this is happening get used to it. Don't want to be affiliated wit YRCW? Go work for someone else cuz you aint got the sense or the money to work for yourself. Face it you're all in the same boat as the rest of us and no better than any of us.:stirthepot::nut_kick:

It is already in the works no matter what the vote comes out. New Penn and Holland will be merged in to the yrc group.Because we are all running each others freight why run two people to the same docks when you can do it with one. It's numbers people the bean counters are out in full force right now.

Why do Holland and New Penn have to get lumped in the YRCW forum. I agree we are very different from YRC, we are regional, we are well respected in our areas of service, we are profitable, you know everything YRC is NOT. OK that was a cheap shot, but seriously why get rid of our well use forums when you still have Oak Harbor, Armour, Daylight, etc with zero posts???

It is already in the works no matter what the vote comes out. New Penn and Holland will be merged in to the yrc group.Because we are all running each others freight why run two people to the same docks when you can do it with one. It's numbers people the bean counters are out in full force right now.

I think you are wrong on the merging but you do remember ,it is different freight,freight that YRC will not likely get if Newpenn and Holland are merged into YRC...If YRC is moving some of this freight now most likely the customers do not know about it...Now say YRC is averaging 45000 bills a day and the regionals are averaging 35000 bills and you combine them,When all said is done YRC will most likely still be at the 45000 level and all you have to do is look back at their track record..And it is not very good...And the only ones you can blame is the UPPER management ...

Why do Holland and New Penn have to get lumped in the YRCW forum. I agree we are very different from YRC, we are regional, we are well respected in our areas of service, we are profitable, you know everything YRC is NOT. OK that was a cheap shot, but seriously why get rid of our well use forums when you still have Oak Harbor, Armour, Daylight, etc with zero posts???

Did you read the deal.Road drivers at yrc will be able to bump the docks at least once on each trip. Just like holland and new penn..Also did you not read several months ago they took yrc freight within 300 miles of there home terminal and gave it to Holland and new penn so they would have work that is why holland was hiring soon after they did that.yrc slowed down.All for one and one for all!!!

Put the crack pipe down driver, if YRCW goes out I lost 10+ years of work building this place...
Statements like this show your ignorance and your blind hate of others... Nobody's forcing you to be here, if you don't like what we deliver, go find another place that you feel more comfortable with...

YRC I could care less about, the people that work for YRC are those I care about and if giving, finding, or providing you with all the information that we can find to help you to remain in the know is what you perceive as wanting to see YRCW go down in flames as you put it, then you are probably on the wrong forum and need to go find one of those grab ass forums that will only clue you in to every feel good article that is published....

Go drink you some more Kool-Aid driver Yum Yum, it's good

Although I dont agree with some off the comments concerning the merge of boards on here and do agree with combining the YRC company boards
Your condescending and criticizing remarks to your members , for an owner and founder of this site is completely un-called for and very un-professional .
a messsageboard should be a safe haven for members to express there self by posting there personal opinions without being hammered or filtered by the management.
Shame on you

Now you went and woke me up ! Now was that message for you NO ! It was directed at a individual member as my message is to you . When a message is quote ( as this one ) it is not directed at all . Please learn the difference .
Although I dont agree with some off the comments concerning the merge of boards on here and do agree with combining the YRC company boards
Your condescending and criticizing remarks to your members , for an owner and founder of this site is completely un-called for and very un-professional .
a messsageboard should be a safe haven for members to express there self by posting there personal opinions without being hammered or filtered by the management.
Shame on you

Status
Not open for further replies.