Mexican Restaurants

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Do any of you guys ever do Mexican joints? If so what do they buy from you? From us they seem to just get heavy things they don't buy everything from us, in fact they seem to only like to buy Beef, Chicken and some 6-10 canned stuff like I said it's all the heavy stuff.

I don't eat at Mexican Restaurants they don't appeal to me I don't know a lot about Mexican Food besides cheese salsa and some rice and some re-fried beans. It's not really my thing, but they sure like to buy heavy stuff.

We have a bunch of Mexican some get 150 cases everything from beef to icecream, and cheese. I have one it gets about 6000 pounds at a time.

The ones that suck are bakery's and seafood. Nothing but heavy stuff. I used to have a bakery they got 45 bags of flour and 20 bags of sugar, the heavy margin blocks glad I got off that route.

Holy diver that's a lot of cases we do a lot of Mexican joints, but we don't take in that many cases to them.

The ones that suck are bakery's and seafood. Nothing but heavy stuff. I used to have a bakery they got 45 bags of flour and 20 bags of sugar, the heavy margin blocks glad I got off that route.
We don't do a ton of either, but I know what the margin blocks are and I hate bags. I had 10 bags of rice today on my trucks ugh. Last year on my old route I did a big seafood place that bought about 6,000 pounds from us they would buy just 100 cases of crab legs from us. They would have a huge invoice when it was all said and done.

Two wheeler are your days about 14 hours long or what is your typical work day length? 14 hours long has to be a lot of stops as well.

Yep big boxes of crab legs. Nothing like 50 cases of potatoes 50 cases of cabbage who knows how many bags of hushpuppie mix and 75 cases of frys and the best all the oil. After 300 cases of that and 6,000 to 9,000 pounds time for a break. All of this on a time schedule all to make 70k a year.

I made 70K at GFS I work about the same 10-12 hours a a day, but some of that time is at the yard in the beginning of the day and at the yard at the end of the day unhooking parking my tractor doing my end of the day paper work etc etc.